There will be instances where you want to download someone else’s TikTok video on your phone. For instance, you might find the video cool enough to save to your gallery. You might even want to respond to that TikTok video by adding it to your next TikTok. So, does TikTok notify the user when you save their video on your phone? To know the answer to this question, keep reading this blog.
Can you download videos on TikTok?
The answer is yes! TikTok allows you to download someone else’s videos on your phone. In fact, downloading someone else’s video on your phone is very easy.
Does TikTok notify the user when you save their video?
The answer is no. TikTok doesn’t let the user know when you save their video to your phone gallery. They don’t get any alerts when their TikTok video is downloaded. You wouldn’t know either when someone downloads your video from TikTok. Here’s how you can download someone’s video on TikTok.
How to download a user’s video on TikTok?
Follow these steps to download a video on TikTok:
- When you find a video you’d like to save to your phone, hit the share button on the right side.
- Now tap “Save video” on the bottom to save the video.
As you can see, saving a video on your phone is extremely easy. Unfortunately, people on TikTok can abuse this feature. If you don’t feel comfortable with your videos being downloaded, you can turn off the download option. Here’s how you can do that.
How to turn off the download option on TikTok
Follow these steps to turn off the video download option on your TikTok account:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the profile icon to go to your profile.
- Now hit the three lines on the top right corner.
- Now go to settings and privacy.
- Choose privacy.
- In the safety section, go to downloads.
- Now toggle the option to turn off the video downloading option on your video.
Hope this blog answers all your questions regarding TikTok’s video download option.
Hi I’m a content writer at Eklipse gaming. I have a passion for gaming and I love writing about it.