Ever wondered to use GoPro for live streaming? Well, you can absolutely do it although GoPro is normally used for adventurous activities. However, a GoPro camera can’t stream on its own. That’s why you need a third-party platform to operate this.
Don’t worry about that. This article is going to cover how to live stream from your GoPro, along with the good and the bad of using this stuff. Let’s just take a look at our discussion below.
GoPro for Live Streaming: The Good and The Bad
Well, since GoPro was designed for outdoors, it will provide footage with an awesome colour balance even when you shoot under bright light. Other than that, GoPro comes in a small and handy form, even lighter than regular cameras. Thus, you can easily carry this one in your pocket.
Most importantly, GoPro is ideal if you want to take a shoot in wet environments or even underwater since it’s waterproof. With that said, GoPro could be more flexible than regular digital cameras. GoPro also provides a wide angle that can capture a wider field of view.
However, despite all its benefits, there also are some drawbacks you need to consider. Currently, GoPro only supports live streaming on the HERO7 Black and later. Then, it still got lack support from some platforms such as Instagram or TikTok.
As previously mentioned, GoPro is good for outdoor shooting with bright light. Otherwise, it has poor low-light performance. It’s advisably to use other cameras instead of GoPro if you want to take a shoot in a low-light environment.
How to Live Stream Using GoPro
If you really want to try GoPro for live streaming, you should follow the steps below.
- To begin with, install the GoPro app on your phone. It’s available for Android and iOS.
- Then, connect the HERO7 Black GoPro camera (or later models) to a Wi-Fi network, or you can create a personal hotspot with your smartphone.
- After that, pair your GoPro camera with the app.
- Open the app and scroll until you get to a set up live button.
- At the lower right-hand corner, you’ll see a platform icon. Click it to choose between Facebook Live, Twitch, or YouTube.
- Once you’ve set the GoPro, now set up the live stream by heading to the platforms you’ve selected (either FB, YouTube, or Twitch).
- Sign in and give the GoPro app access, then connect to Wi-Fi or a personal hotspot.
- Don’t forget to set visibility, choose the resolution, and write a description as well.
- Set whether you want to save the stream to an SD Card or not.
- Voila! You can go live using a GoPro camera now!
How to use a GoPro as a Webcam for Going Live
Want to use your GoPro as a webcam for streaming? That’s very simple. HERO8 and HERO 9 Black can help you to do this. Let’s take a look at the tutorial below.
- First of all, set up the point of view with the GoPro mounts.
- Second, download and install the newest software and firmware for your GoPro.
- Once you’ve done that, a GoPro icon is supposed to appear in your status bar.
- Then, connect the GoPro cam with the USB-C cable and wait until the blue dot appears on the GoPro icon.
- After that, set your GoPro as your default camera for live streaming.
- To make sure that everything works properly, head to the GoPro app and select the Show Preview option.
That’s all about how to use GoPro for live streaming. Now that you’ve learned how to operate it, you can start going live with it. While it is still limited to a few GoPro models, it could be a good alternative if you want something that is more flexible and performs well.
Almira spends most of her time writing and reading some interesting books. She also loves games and cats.