Content creation has become one of the most reliable jobs to make money nowadays, such as on Instagram Reels. Instagram allows its users to monetize their content once it meets certain requirements. But how to get paid for reels on Instagram first?
Well, while YouTube is about to monetize Shorts at the beginning of 2023, Instagram has got the ball rolling by offering Instagram Reels Play Bonus since the Reels introduction in 2020. Thankfully, this feature is giving users chances to get financial rewards for their participation in the Reels feature. Now that you’ve been so curious, let’s learn further about it and how to monetize Instagram reels.
What Are Instagram Reels Play Bonuses?
Instagram Reels Play Bonuses is a feature aimed to give more benefits to all Instagram Reels creators. According to Instagram, the creators will get opportunities to earn money from Instagram and Facebook.
This special feature can be assumed as a reward for the content that they have made, which their community love.
However, this shouldn’t be a new thing since Facebook has already committed to investing over $1 billion in the creator program in 2022. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
How To Get Paid For Reels On Instagram
To be able to earn money on Instagram, you can definitely take advantage of the Instagram Reels Play Bonus. If you can net at least 1,000 eyeballs within 30 days, Play Bonuses will directly pay you.
In addition, you can also get a bonus reward if Instagram has invited you to take part in the program. It’s worth noting that there are several points you should meet to be eligible for Reels Bonuses. Keep reading because we’re going to explain it in the next section.
Unfortunately, there’s no clear information about how much money you can earn from Instagram Play Bonus. But currently, Instagram will pay $1,200 for those who generate 11 million views on their reels, and $35,000 for 359 million views. That’s dope!
Another way to get money from Instagram is by placing ads over your Reels video. However, to be able to get ad money, you’ll need to have at least 10,000 followers, five or more Reels, and reach 600,000 minutes of viewership within the last 60 days.
How To Check The Status and Available Bonuses
Before you can monetize your Instagram reel, you need to assure that you are eligible to use this feature. Here’s how to start checking the status.
- First, open Instagram and log in with your account.
- Second, go to your Profile.
- After that, find View professional dashboard at the top of the profile.
- Scroll down and hit Bonuses.
- Then, tap Get Started to see the status and available bonuses.
How To Set Up Bonuses
Once you confirmed that you are eligible for the bonuses, now you can start to set it up. You can follow these steps below:
- Do the same steps as above.
- When you have tapped on Get Started, you’ll see the Terms and Conditions and hit Agree.
- After that, fill in the business information and choose the preferred payout method.
- Then, make sure you pay attention to the bonus goal, the maximum payout, also the deadlines.
- Finally, create great reels as many as possible and attract more viewers!
Do not forget to always keep an eye on your progress toward the maximum monthly payout. It can take up to 24 hours to update your progress and earnings.
Who is Eligible for The Instagram Reels Play Bonus?
To be eligible for the Instagram Reels Play Bonus, creators must meet the following criteria:
- Have a professional Instagram account
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have an account in good standing, with no violations of Instagram’s community guidelines or terms of service
- Follow Instagram’s Partner Monetization Policies as well
- Have less than 1 million followers with no brand partnership
- Have a certain number of engagements on their Reels content
- Should share the reels on Facebook and Instagram Reel.
Note that eligibility for the Instagram Reels Play Bonus is determined by Instagram and is subject to change. In addition, according to Instagram, the Play Bonus feature is currently exclusive to the U.S., but there is a chance it could become available worldwide in 2022 or 2023.
There you have it, how to get paid for reels on Instagram. You can either rely on the Instagram Play Bonus or put some ads on your Reels. Whichever routes you’re going to take, please make sure that you have met all the requirements to secure the seat. Good luck!
By the way, in case you find that the Instagram Reels Bonus isn’t showing even when you’re already eligible, you may wonder if it disappeared for some reason. Well, you can find out the answer through our article here: Instagram Reels Bonus Disappeared: Did It Really Happen?
If you probably still have some questions related to Instagram Reels, we have some helpful articles for you. One of them is about saving Instagram Reels to your camera roll. Check this one out in case you need the info: How To Save Instagram Reels To Camera Roll.
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends