A YouTube intro is a short introduction that appears at the beginning of a video and is the first thing viewers see when they watch your video. So, to make a good first impression, making an excellent YouTube intro is crucial, because you can’t build a brand without professional-looking content.
What Makes a Good YouTube Intro?
Having identified a need for a YouTube intro, the question remains: How exactly can you create a professional quality intro, and what should you include in it to achieve the desired results? These are some of the questions that a beginner might ponder. So, let’s begin by taking a look at what you should bear in mind when beginning to work on this project:
- Introduce yourself: Include a brief description of who you are and what your video will be about before running the visuals of your intro (or skip this point, as per your preference)
- Start with a bang: Ensure to make your intro attention-grabbing from the start.
- Keep it short and sweet: You don’t need to include much information in your intro.
- Make it engaging: You want your intro to be exciting and catchy because it’s something you’ll use throughout dozens of your videos. So use visuals, music, or voiceover to make your intro engaging.
- Use your branding: Your YouTube intro is an excellent opportunity to show your brand. Use your logo, colors, and other brand elements to make your intro recognizable and memorable.
Step-by-Step Guide to Make an Intro for YouTube
For making a YouTube intro as a beginner, you can use any video editing platform that has ready-made templates. However, you’ll likely need to subscribe or pay for exporting the final cut. Sadly, finding a free intro maker that doesn’t charge for ready-made gaming intro templates is even more difficult. But, for this tutorial, we’ll use Flexclips. which thankfully has plenty of templates for gaming channel intros that you can export in 480p resolution for free.
Now, to begin working on the intro, head over to the website. Then, sign up, and select the option Create by Templates. On the next screen, search for Gaming templates. Once you’ve chosen your desired template, begin customizing it.
Here, for this tutorial, we’ve double clicked on the text to select it for editing. Then, we’ve tweaked the font and replaced the text of the ready-made template with a hypothetical name and slogan for a supposed gaming channel.
Next, we’ve removed an element to make room for our logo. You can add Pop Up effect to an element by clicking the button that reads Motion, and then tweaking its animation on the timeline. It’s fairly easy, as you get to see in real-time exactly when the logo would Pop Up in the clip.
Do remember to ensure that the intro shares the same color scheme with your other branding assets for consistency. Notice how the logo fits the screenshot below, rightly complementing the color scheme of our chosen template.
Next, we need to add copyright-free music to our intro. Usually, EDM goes well with gaming intro’s so that’s what we’re going to choose.
Once done, export the final clip.
That’s it. Once you have the file, you can merge it with any of your projects.
To Sum It Up
Making a YouTube intro is a great way to introduce yourself and your channel to viewers. Following the steps above, you can easily create a professional-looking introduction to grab viewers’ attention. Just remember to keep it short, sweet, and engaging. Use visuals, music, and voiceover to build a brand identity and set the tone for your channel.
A content writer at Eklipse Gaming, Omaid Khan is an avid gamer, reader, hobbyist musician, and technology enthusiast.