Apex Legends Season 14 is going live by today, along with the Apex Legends patch notes. In this new season, Respawn has introduced their new character, Vantage. Other than this survivalist sniper, you’ll see other changes and updates as well.
It’s including the weapon and gear changes, updates on Apex Legends’ characters, and more! Fortunately, we have listed the complete Apex Legends Hunted patch notes Season 14 here. Therefore, you can keep scrolling and have a look at all the major changes.
Apex Legends Patch Notes Today Updates
Although the patch notes for PlayStation users have been available yesterday, the PC, Xbox, and Switch players should have a wait until the apex legends season 14 release timing is dropped. Here’s a closer look at the Season 14 patch.
The Weapon Changes in the Latest Apex Legends Patch Notes
In the new season, you are going to see the most important changes to Apex’s weapons. Here’s the list of them.
- Barrel mod slot has been removed from Pistols and SMGs, then replaced with new Laser Sights.
- CAR SMG and Wingman pistol deleted from Replicator.
- Devotion LMG and RE-45 (with Hammerpoints) added to the Replicator.
- Deadeye’s Tempo was deleted from floor loot while Bocek is in Care Package, but then it’s a built-in feature of the Sentinel.
- EVA-8 shotgun has taken stocks and been significantly reworked.
- G7 Scout and Volt SMG were removed from the Care Package.
- G7 Scout and Mastiff getting nerfs.
- Rampage and Bocek Compound Bow add to the Care Package, then Bocek getting buffed.
- Sniper ammo appears in boxes of 14 rounds, allowing for a total of 28 stacked rounds per inventory space.
- Skullpiercer hop-up has come back to loot pool.
- Spitfire takes light ammo and light magazines.
- Wingman takes sniper ammo and sniper magazines.
- 30-30 Repeater is now compatible with Skullpiercer hop-up, the Dual Loader hop-up is now automatically built-in.
The Gear Changes
In addition to the weapon changes, Respawn also make other changes to the gear.
- Arc star stick damage reduced from 40 to 10. However, the detination damage increased from 70 to 75.
- Guardian Angel perk deleted from Legendary (gold) backpack and then replaced with Deep Pockets perk.
- Self-Revive perk has been removed entirely and then the Guardian Angel perk is moved to the Legendary (gold) knockdown shield.
Additionally, the Deep Pockets let the players to stack three Shield Batteries, three Med Kits, and two Phoenix Kits. Then, it will also create extra room for each type of major healing item.
The Legend Updates
Presently, some Legends got some changes as well in the latest patch notes. Let’s take a look at the list below.
- Crypto’s Ultimate ability is now able to destroy Wattson’s Pylons.
- Mad Maggie has got a little TLC toward her abilities, especially her Wrecking Ball. Other than that, there is also buff for her in this season’s update.
- Mirage (and all of his decoys) are getting bug fixes. Furthermore, the decoys are now registered properly when interacting with legends who have scanning abilities, such as Seer.
- Newcastle is getting buffed. Then, his shield health, teammate revival ability, and his movement speed are all being enhanced.
- Valkyrie is getting major nerfs. Respawn also reduced her acceleration speed, fuel consumption, Missile Swarm, and Skyward Dive speed.
The apex legends patch notes Season 13 Rank Result
Now, let’s see the number of ranked changes. Here’s the breakdown.
- 10.80% Bronze (0%)
- 28.78% Silver (3.78%)
- 44.45% Gold (25.12%)
- 14.60% Platinum (39.52%)
- 1.25% Diamond (26.63%)
- 0.10% Master & Apex Predator (4.95%)
As of August 2nd 2022, we have the following max tier distribution among players in Split 2 who played more than 10 hours of Ranked (versus Season 12’s Split 2):
- 2.22% Bronze (0.01%)
- 15.22% Silver (4.28%)
- 41.50% Gold (25.48%)
- 32.57% Platinum (42.80%)
- 8.05% Diamond (23.56%)
- 0.45% Master & Apex Predator (3.87%)
There are 14.0 ranked changes you need to know as well.
- Entry Cost: +5 to all.
- Kill RP: Removed diminishing returns on eliminations.
- Rank Reset: No change. Resuming ranked reset of 6 divisions.
Additionally, you might wonder what is diminishing return on apex legends, right? Basically, diminishing return for elimination on Apex Legends is a term to say when gamers get much less RP elimination.
Balance Update on Apex Legends Patch Notes
Other than the previous weapon changes, you can see more adjustments to weapons in Apex. Let’s get to know the details.
- New attachment to replace barrels for SMGs and Pistols.
- Reduced hipfire spread.
- G7 Scout returns to the floor.
- Volt SMG returns to the floor.
- Bocek Compound Bow enters the crate.
- Rampage LMG enters the crate.
- Wingman returns to the floor.
- CAR SMG returns to the floor.
- Devotion LMG enters the crafter.
- RE-45 + Hammerpoint combo enters the crafter.
Gold Weapon Rotation
- Longbow DMR, G7 Scout, Mozambique, R-99, Hemlok
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Recoil improvements.
- Now takes stocks.
- Removed 1 pellet from blast pattern.
- Fire rate increased to 2.3 from 2.0.
- Pellet damage increased to 7 from 6.
- Bolt rate of fire bonuses increased.
- White: 1.1 to 1.1.
- Blue: 1.15 to 1.2.
- Purple: 1.2 to 1.3.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage at full draw increased to 70 from 60.
- Tempo draw speed increased to 0.38 from 0.32.
- Shattercaps pellet damage increased to 12 from 11.
- Fired arrows can no longer be collected.
- Arrows spawns have been removed from the floor.
- Damage increased to 28 from 26.
- Rampage comes with a Thermite Grenade.
- Damage reduced to 15 from 17.
- No longer takes barrel attachments.
- Damage reduced to 34 from 36.
- Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.0 to 1.75.
- Double Tap hop-up burst fire delay increased to 0.4 from 0.375.
- Increased projectile speed.
- Increased number of shots before overheating at the base to 24 from 20.
- Removed bright red flash when hitting non-armoured targets.
- Increased ironsight FOV to 70 to be consistent with other pistols.
- Increased strafe speed by 5% to be consistent with other pistols.
- Wingman now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
- The inventory stack increased to 28 from 24.
- The boxes now contain 14 rounds instead of 12.
- Recoil adjustments to increase vertical barrel climb.
- Spitfire now uses light ammo and magazines.
- Dual Loader has been worked into the base 30-30 Repeater.
- Now takes Skullpiercer Rifling.
- Projectile growth reduced.
- Base fire rate reduced to 1.1 from 1.2.
- Dual Loader removed.
- Deadeye’s Tempo has been worked into the base Sentinel.
- Double Tap
- Adds burst fire mode to EVA-8 and G7 Scout.
- 35% headshot damage increase on Longbow, Wingman and 30-30 Repeater.
- Removed Deadeye’s Tempo & Shatter Caps from floor loot.
- Boosted Loader has been reduced to Epic quality from Legendary.
Backpack Gold Perk
- New Perk: Deep Pockets.
- Deep Pockets: Large medical supplies stacks higher in your inventory.
- Batteries and Medkits now stack to 3 in inventory.
- Phoenix Kits now stack to 2 in inventory.
Knockdown Shield Gold Perk
- New Perk: Guardian Angel (Previous Backpack Perk).
- Self Revive was removed from the game.
- Reduced stick damage on armour to 10 from 40.
- Remove aim slow on stick, remains on detonation.
- Detonation damage increased to 75 from 70.
- Added Blue attachments to possible spawns.
- Added Laser Sights to the pool.
- Reduced spawn rate of gold magazines.
More Legends Updates in Apex Legends Patch Notes
- VTOL Jets
- Acceleration on activation decreased by about 8%.
- Fuel consumption on activation increased by 33%.
- Aerial boosting & strafing take a 20% debuff when hit by slowing effects.
- Added a third orange state to the fuel meter UI between green (>60%) and red (<30%).
- Missile Swarm
- Aim/turn slow removed.
- Move slow duration decreased from 2.5s —> 2.0s.
- Reducing the explosion radius from 175 —> 125.
- Skyward Dive
- Height reduction of 25%.
- Launch time reduced from 5.5s —> 5.0s. Coupled with the height reduction, players in Valk ult now travel upward at a slightly slower speed.
- Black Hole: Adjustments to N.E.W.T’s hitbox to make destroying it more reliable.
- Black Hole: N.E.W.T. takes 50% more damage from explosives.
- Improvements to Perimeter Security placement system.
- Retrieve the Wounded:
- Increased move speed during reviving by 25%.
- Reduced turn slow while reviving by 50%.
- Increased White Knockdown shield health from 150 -> 200.
- Increase Blue Knockdown shield health from 250 -> 300.
- Mobile Shield:
- Increased hp from 350 —> 500
- Doubled max movement speed.
- Castle Wall:
- Added turn slow to electrical barrier effects and increased the severity of the slow effect to movement.
- Riot Drill:
- Projectile Launch Speed doubled.
- Wrecking Ball:
- Will travel twice as far while dropping the same amount of magnets.
- Duration increased from 5 sec → 10 sec.
- Magnet Spawn delay increased from 0.4 sec → 0.8 sec.
- Wrecking Ball will deal damage to enemy placeable objects: Black Market, Castle Walls, Exhibit, Death Totem, Mobile Shield, Black Hole, Amped Cover, and Gas Barrels. It will also destroy Gibraltar’s Dome of Protection.
- Fixed Wrecking Ball not blinding and slowing enemies.
- Now ignores friendly collision on Amped Cover placement (i.e. placing walls around teammates will feel more smooth).
- Fixed gas ramping bugs were transitioning from friendly to enemy gas would initially damage for more than intended.
- Mirage Decoys will now be scanned by Valk when skydiving.
- Mirage Decoys will now be picked up by Seer’s Heart Seeker.
- Fixed a bug where Mirage Decoys were picked up by Seer’s Exhibit as AI and not players.
- Death Totem will now show a placement preview when activated instead of placing immediately.
- Team-Use Harvesters: When any player interacts with a Materials Harvester, all players in their team will be given the Materials.
- Removed Shatter Rounds from crafting.
- Removed Hammerpoints from base crafting and added to RE-45 Weapon Craft.
- Heavy, Energy, and Sniper mags price increased from to 35 from 25.
- Laser Sight added to crafting: 25 materials.
- Stock and Barrel price reduced to 25 from 35.
- Added Skullpiercer Rifling Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Double Tap Trigger Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Kinetic Feeder Hop-Up to crafting.
- Increased Shotgun Bolt price from to 30 from 25.
- Reduced 2-4x ACOG optic price to 30 from 35.
The maps rotating for public matches during Hunted are; Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Storm Point.
All Battle Royale Maps
- Replicators and Crafting Materials have been rebalanced across the maps.
- Ring Adjustments:
- Ring 1 Damage increases from 2 to 3 hp/tick (equivalent to Ring 2)
- Ring 1 Preshrink Time decreased from 180s to 60s.
- Ring 1 Closing Time:
- Kings Canyon — 4:10 -> 4:32
- World’s Edge — 3:42 -> 4:32
- Storm Point — 4:15 -> 4:35
- Olympus — 4:10 -> 4:32
- Removed some frustrating final rings at Staging that were causing heal-offs.
- Fragment East Loot buffed from Low Tier to Medium.
- Added OOB to west rocks at Lava Siphon.
Quality of Life
- New Mode/Map name UI element on load screen and start flow.
- “Winning” and “Champion” tags were added to the scoreboard.
- Added ability to use “tap” interact prompts when they conflict with “hold” (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on the controller).
- Added flourish to the crafting materials in the top right of the HUD when they increase.
- Added a flourish to items if they become craftable while in the crafting station UI.
- Added accessibility switch for turning on and off TTS (Text-to-speech), defaulting to what your console or system has it set to (where available)
- When dropping from the dropship, the location of the POI player lands is now displayed.
Bug Fixes in Apex Legends Patch Notes
- Hipfire reticles now change size based on the FoV
- Cancelling a Lifeline revive would cancel it for other teammates also being revived by Lifeline.
- Fixed bug where players could not deal melee damage to Caustic Gas Barrels or Octanes Jump Pads.
- Issues are fixed where the buy menu would close each time a teammate completes a purchase/and or closes the buy menu.
- Crypto’s Ultimate now destroys Wattson’s Pylon.
- Issues are fixed where Crypto’s heirloom animation audio would play globally when using a survey beacon.
- Fix for issues where players could sometimes get stuck while crouched between a Replicator and Black Market after crafting.
- Players could not unlock the “Fully Kitted” badge.
- Fix for issues for Legends losing functionality like meleeing, using an ability, etc, while mantling.
- Bug fixed where players could not switch ammo types for the C.A.R. SMG.
- Issues fixed where Newcastle could get stuck in their Ultimate animation while riding a zipline.
- Issues fixed where throwables placed on a Mobile Shield would start floating after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Newcastle — fix for cases where players wouldn’t take damage from ordnance or activate Caustic’s barrels when positioned between a Tactical Shield and its drone.
- Newcastle — fix for bug where throwable abilities placed on a Mobile Shield could float away after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Wraith — fix for bug where Wraith would still take damage in the Ring while phasing.
- Reload bug fixed with the Mastiff and 30-30 Repeater where players could not ADS until reloading animation was finished.
- Fixed bug where Crypto’s melee animations wouldn’t show his heirloom while in the third person.
- Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some stuttering and framerate spikes on consoles, especially PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
- Bug fixed where the Dropship would sometimes spawn players outside the ship.
- Issues fixed where Heat Shields would disappear when placed under a respawn beacon, or mobile respawn beacon, and then the beacon was used.
- Fixed a bug where Pathfinder’s zipline would be destroyed if placed on top of a respawn beacon and then the beacon was used.
- Fix for cases when a Heat Shield could disappear when set under an activated Respawn Beacon.
- Finally, Bug fixed where Mirage decoys would not show up on scan for a few Legends.
So, that’s all about Apex Legends patch notes for the new season. You have to download the latest patch notes if you want to get the Season 14 contents. Do not worry, you’ll have quite a long time to do it since the season tends to last around three months or 12 weeks.
Then, we can expect the Apex Legends Season 15 to come around November or December 2022. Be ready for that. Above all, do not forget to record your Apex Legends gameplay and create incredible clips or montages using Eklipse. Stay tuned for more info and tutorial!
Best Highlights Clipping Software!
Eklipse.gg is an AI highlight generator and video editor that will automatically create highlights from your streams. Simply click below and try it.
Almira spends most of her time writing and reading some interesting books. She also loves games and cats.