One of many creative ways to make interesting or aesthetic Instagram Reels, Story, or even videos is adding music. Music is more than just something to refresh your mind in the middle of a busy day. It is also a powerful tool that can evoke memories or live up to the environment. That’s why you need to know how to add music to Instagram video, Reels, or stories.
Adding music to your Instagram post can emphasize the value of the video itself. When you try to bring up a happy moment, put on beat-up music. Every time you make a heartwarming video, use slow music. That’s how music works on a video.
Here’s what you need to do if you haven’t yet figured out how to add music to your Instagram post. You’ll gonna learn how to do that in a very clear and simple way. This article will separate the way to add music to video, reels, or stories because they all have different steps to do it actually. So let’s jump right in.
How To Add Music To Instagram Story In A Simple Way
Instagram Story is one of the best features it has ever had. This feature allows you to record and post a short video within 15 seconds long. Something interesting that comes from Instagram Story is the features they provide for the users.
Apart from the very short duration, IG Story has everything you need in terms of making a great video. That’s including many effects, text with various fonts, boomerang, stickers, GIFs, even music. And to add a piece of music is very simple. You can follow these steps below:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone
- Login to your account
- Tap the ‘+’ button on your homepage, next to the love button
- Choose the Story
- You can either make a new record by tapping the Camera or selecting the existing video from the gallery
- Then, you can start to edit your video
- If you are going to add music, just tap on the Sticker icon
- Next, find the Music feature
- There will be a music list that appears on your screen
- You can browse your favorite music you wish to add
- Pick one and just click the selected music
- After that, slide the bar at the bottom of the screen to pick the best part of the music
- You are also able to change the display of the lyrics
- Then, tap Done on the top-right corner of the screen
- Finally, you can post the story, either to your story or your close friends.
You have succeeded to make a good Instagram story with music. And now, your followers can enjoy your post.
Adding music to Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels are another popular Instagram feature that is widely used around the world. Reels have a very similar concept with TikTok as a whole. As well as IG Story, Reels also has a number of features that make it possible to create a great video.
It’s not like Instagram Story which only gives you 15 seconds for a post, Reels has a longer duration of the video. You can post 15 to 60 seconds.
It’s also easy to add music to Instagram Reels, and the steps are not really different from posting a Story. Look at the steps now:
- Open the Instagram app and log in
- Tap the ‘+’ button, and you are not choosing Story but Reels instead
- After that, hit the Music icon on the icon list on the left
- Browse and find the best track that you would like to add to Reels
- Use the slider to pick the best part of the song you want to use
- Then, tap Done
- Start recording a video or select the existed ones from the gallery
- You can also add a song after recording the video
How To Add Music To Instagram Video Post With Third-Party App
If Instagram Story and Reels has a music feature, not with the Instagram video post. It has a quite different step if you would like to add a song to it. You can’t add music directly to the Instagram video. In this case, you’ll need a third-party service.
You have to edit your video before you post it through a video editor. So in this section, we will recommend several video editor apps that are worth trying. We can provide you with the instructions to operate it as well. Just keep reading on.
Adding A Song With inShot
The first app we’ll recommend to you is inShot. This is the most friendly app that can assist you to create an appealing video with music. Here’s how this app works:
- Launch the app on your phone
- Open the app and tap on the Video button
- Hit New and then choose the video you’re going to edit
- Next, tap Music and go to Tracks
- Pick the most suitable tracks from featured music, import music from the gallery, or extract the audio from other videos directly
- Then, tap the bar and adjust it as you want
- When you’ve done, hit the Checkmark > tap Export > tap Save
How To Add Music To Instagram Video With Tempo
Tempo is another free video editor option to try. Although it’s free, Tempo still can provide the best features to edit your video, including adding a song. What’s make it special is that Tempo provides licensed music. So you don’t need to worry Instagram will ban you because of the license issue.
So here is the thing you have to do in Tempo:
- Launch the app on your phone
- Open it and press the Video button on the top-right corner of the screen
- Then hit the Video button at the top-left of the screen
- Pick the clips you would like to use > tap the orange Checkmark
- After that, go to the Music button on the bottom of the screen
- Open the music library
- Choose the best song you think is good for your video
- Tap Use
- Then, select the audio and edit it. Make sure you produce a video that is less than 60 seconds long for an IG post
- Hit Save and choose the export size
- Next, go to the Instagram button to share it on Instagram
- Tap Open > Post
How To Post A Song From Spotify
Spotify has become one of the best music streaming platforms that everyone loves it. Apart from adding a song in an Instagram video, you can also share a song you have listened to recently to Instagram Story. The step is quite simple. Check the instructions below:
- Open the Spotify app
- Click the song, album or playlist you wish to share on Instagram
- Then, tap the three-dots icon
- Scroll down and find Share
- Choose Instagram Stories
Now, your Instagram followers are able to see the song you’ve been currently hearing from Spotify.
Where to Get Music from Third Party Apps Legally?
If you don’t want to utilize Instagram’s in-app editor to add or alter your music, you may use third-party editing tools. Instagram, on the other hand, prohibits videos using illegal music. So, it’s advisable to obtain music from an in-app library or a reputable source to avoid wasting your time and work making excellent stuff.
Soundstripe is a terrific tool for enjoying a variety of music tracks spanning genres and moods, with a collection of over 6,000 royalty-free tunes. Every week, new songs are added to the site, and extensive filters are available to help you choose the perfect music for your film.
The Audio Jungle
AudioJungle is a terrific place to get royalty-free music, sound effects, music kits, and even source files for a variety of projects. It features a large audio collection with over 1700,000 tracks and sounds for all budgets and needs.
Artlist is one of the most adaptable platforms, with audio for almost every use you can think of—weddings, advertisements, presentations, games, apps, films, and so on. You may also locate your favorite music by using creative search parameters such as instrument type, genre, mood, and video theme, which makes the process more focused.
Adding a song to an Instagram video is quite easy and everyone can do it. However, the tutorial about how to add music to Instagram video is still necessary for all the beginners who still haven’t known yet about it. By adding music to your video, you can make it appealing to your audience. You’ll get more viewers on Instagram later. Try it now.
Almira spends most of her time writing and reading some interesting books. She also loves games and cats.