Videos play a crucial role in our lives. It records memories and creates content for social media. However, sometimes, videos can become too long and may not be suitable for the platform you want to share them on. That’s where the ability to shorten videos comes in handy. In this article, we will show you how to shorten a video on iPhone.
When it comes to editing stuff on iPhone, you shouldn’t worry since it comes with a built-in video editing tool that allows you to trim your videos easily. But if you are new to this and don’t know where to begin, just keep reading and follow the guide below.
How To Shorten A Video on iPhone Using The Built-in Editor App
You can edit your videos on your iPhone without even using any additional app at all. All you need is to use the default editing app and you’re good to go. Here’s how to do it.
- To begin with, open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the video you want to shorten.
- Then, tap on the Edit button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Use the trim feature to select the portion of the video you want to keep.
- Tap on Done and then tap on Save as New Clip.
Different iPhone models have different editing options available. For example, the iPhone X and later models have a more advanced editing tool that allows you to adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation.
How To Shorten A Video on iPhone Using Alternative Video Editing Apps
In addition to the built-in editing tools, there are several alternative video editing apps available for iPhone. Two of the popular options include iMovie. Follow this guide to know how to operate it.
Method 1. Trimming Video’s Lenght Using iMovie
- First, launch the iMovie app and tap on the plus ‘+’ icon to start a new project.
- Import the video you want to shorten by tapping on the Camera Roll or Photos option.
- Once the video is imported, tap on it to open the editing tools.
- Then, move the slider at the bottom of the screen to select the portion of the video you want to keep.
- Finally, hit Done and then tap on Share to save the shortened video.
If you want to know deeper about how iMovie actually works and how to use it on other Apple devices, find the answer through our post here: How To Trim A Video in iMovie on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Method 2. How To Cut Out Parts of A Video On iPhone for Free With LumaFusion
- Open the LumaFusion app and tap on the + icon to start a new project.
- Rename “My Project” with any specific title you want.
- Import the video you want to shorten by tapping on the Photo gallery icon.
- Find the spot in the video where you want to make a cut and tap on the scissors icon.
- This will create two separate clips on the timeline.
- Locate the end of the good part of the video.
- Repeat the process from step 1 to create another cut.
- Keep the good part on the timeline and remove the bad part by clicking on the first clip to select it.
- Tap on the trash can icon to delete the clip.
- (Optional) If you have a keyboard, you can also use the delete button to remove the clip.
That’s how to shorten a video on iPhone. Isn’t it straightforward? By using built-in editing tools or alternative video editing apps, you can quickly trim your videos to the appropriate length.
We hope this article has been helpful. Additionally, we’ve also covered the step-by-step to combine videos into one using iPhone. If you are interested in it, feel free to read our post: How to Combine Videos on iPhone for Free: 6 Easy Steps.
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends