Some Apex Legends players are experiencing an SSL connection error when trying to play the game.
This error message appears when players attempt to connect to the Apex Legends servers. If you have encountered this issue, here are some steps you can take to try to resolve it.
Guide to Fix Apex Legends SSL Connection Error
Many sources said that you can fix your SSL Connection error by signing in to Origin / EA app / your EA account.
Though EA has not yet responded to this issue, this solution confirmed as a working solution by many players.
Here is the step-by-step instruction to do it
- Go to the EA official website
- Click profile icon on top-right of the screen
- Choose Sign-In
- Accept the terms and conditions with EA.
- Try launching Apex Legends again
If that solution doesn’t work, maybe you can try an alternative by playing Apex Legends through Origin or EA app.
Doesn’t know how to download or create an account on EA app yet? Check out the guide by clicking the link below
Alternative to Guide Fix Apex Legends SSL Error
There is some solution that is known as the general fix for many game client connection-related problems.
You can use the Google DNS or do the /flushdns command on your Windows CMD.
Here is how to do it
1. Using Google DNS for Your Connection
- Open Settings (You could use Win + I hotkeys)
- Choose Network & Internet
- Click on Wi-Fi > Hardware Properties
- Click on Edit button next to DNS server assignment
- Click the drop-down icon under the Edit DNS Settings. Choose Manual from the menu
- As per your DNS provider, you can choose IPv4 or IPv6
- If you choose IPv4, enter 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 in Preferred and Alternate DNS servers
- If you choose IPv6, enter 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 in Preferred and Alternate DNS servers
More on Eklipse Blog >> Apex Legends Weapons Tier List – Season 15
2. Flush DNS Cache on Windows
- Open Command Prompt (Press hotkeys Win + R, type cmd)
- Type ipconfig/flushdns. Press Enter
- If Command Prompt shows the message Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache, it means it is done flushing your DNS cache and you can close the Command Prompt
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the Apex Legends SSL Error problem.
Hope the guide help fix your problem so you can get back to push your rank Apex Legends!
Your friendly-neighborhood gamers that love playing MOBA and strolling on Twitch in his free time. Akbar has been playing games since Sega Genesis era, and started being a game writer in his late college day.