With crossplay enabled, players are able to carry over their progress in Overwatch 2, no matter what platform they are playing. If you’d like to merge your accounts, here is a simple step-by-step guide on Overwatch 2 account merge tutorial.
Overwatch 2 is on the road, and because it enables complete cross-progression regardless of where you play, the account system will function slightly differently than in the first game. You should unite your accounts for Overwatch 2 to take advantage of the cross-progression mechanism.
Don’t worry if you’re not sure how this will work; we’re here to assist. Here’s how to combine your accounts so you’re ready for Overwatch 2’s cross-progression future.
Overwatch 2 Account Merge Tutorial
Overwatch 2 has a new unified cross-progression system that allows players to carry their progress with them wherever they go. This means that regardless of whether you play on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, or Nintendo Switch, you will make progress. This account merging, however, is required for this system to function. There is no other way to play Overwatch 2 because it requires a Battle.net account.
Don’t worry if you’re not sure where to start with this procedure; it’s rather simple, and Blizzard Entertainment has kindly supplied instructions. Your console accounts will be linked to your Battle.net account. This is obviously not required if you only play on PC, but if you play on console, you must go through this step.
It’s worth noting that you may only link one console account per platform to your Battle.net account for progress transfer. You may, for example, link your Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo accounts to your Battle.net account, but not three different Xbox profiles.
Please carefully follow these instructions, since you will only have one chance to integrate each console account with your Battle.net account. If you opt to unlink a console account once Overwatch 2 hits, you will have to wait one year before you may link another account.
- Launch Overwatch from your console.
- Ensure that you log in with the right profile.
- If you haven’t previously done so, you may now link your Battle.net account to your console profile. Skip to step 8 if you’ve previously linked your Battle.net account.
- Select Options to link your Battle.net account.
- Continue scrolling until you reach the Link Account tab.
- Follow the instructions and use your mobile device to scan the QR code.
- Log in or register for a Battle.net account.
- From the main menu, click Account Merge while your console profile is linked to your Battle.net account.
- Confirm that the account and console profile are both right, as shown in the sample image below.
- Repeat this process for each console account you plan to use to play Overwatch 2.
If you followed all of the instructions correctly, you’re ready to start! Blizzard Entertainment will use the account merging information to migrate everything across ahead of the launch of Overwatch 2 as part of the process of Overwatch 2 replacing the original Overwatch.
What Wil Be Carried Over?
Here’s a complete list of everything that will cross over from Overwatch to Overwatch 2, with some crucial subtleties depending on the specifics:
- Custom Game Options
- Gameplay Settings
- Hero Gallery
- Overwatch Credits
- Overwatch League Tokens
- Skill Rating (SR)
A competitive online game enthusiast who has potato aim and grandma reflexes, but still enjoy writing about various games.