Origin is a digital platform for purchasing and downloading games, similar to Steam and Epic Games. Though the platform closed its door in October 2022, Electronic Arts decided to rebrand it into EA App.
EA App or Origin offers a range of games, including exclusive titles from Electronic Arts like The Sims, Apex Legends, and many more.
Origin also has an EA Play subscription that grants access to many EA games. In this guide, we will explain how to install the Origin client and start using it for gaming.
Step-by-Step to Download Origin or EA app
You need to do several steps to download the Origin or EA app to your desktop. Here are the details step-by-step instructions for it.
- Go to the Electronic Arts official website.
- On the menu, click More Experiences, then choose The EA app.
- Click Download the EA app.
- Install Origin, then log in or create an account.
You can use Google, Facebook, Apple ID, Steam, Xbox, or PSN account to create your EA account.
- Choose a platform, create an account.
You’ll be prompted to log in with that account (Steam, Google, Apple ID, etc). When done, you’ll need to fill up Date of Birth and Email information to create an account.
- Verify your email.
Check your registered email to get your EA Security Code.
- Click Finish and all done.
You’ll be shown the page below after you’ve finished creating an Origin or EA app account.
FREE AUTO Highlights CLIPPER Software
Eklipse.gg is an AI highlight generator and online video editor that clip your streams automatically and converts them to TikTok easily.
How to Download and Play the Games Through Origin or EA app
Origin or EA app serves a similar function just like Steam, which means you can download and play games through the platform.
To start playing your favorite Electronic Arts games just as The Sims 4 or Apex Legends through the Origin or EA app, you can follow these steps.
- Go to My Collection. You can go to Browse if you wanted to buy a new game.
- Click the game you wanted to play and click Download.
- The Play button will appear after Origin finished downloading the game.
- You can play the game by clicking that button.
How to Update Origin or EA app
To update the EA app, you can follow these steps.
- Open Origin or EA app.
- Click the hamburger menu on the top left of the app.
- Click Settings.
- Choose Application tab.
- Tick the Application updates to enable auto-update.
- Or untick if you don’t want the app to auto-update.
That’s all you need to know about how to download Origin or EA app. If you love the games by Electronic Arts so much, you can check for more content from Eklipse blog!
More Content about the game from Electronic Arts
Thank you for reading, check out Eklipse blog for more content about gaming tips and trivia!
Your friendly-neighborhood gamers that love playing MOBA and strolling on Twitch in his free time. Akbar has been playing games since Sega Genesis era, and started being a game writer in his late college day.