YouTube Shorts has now been growing its popularity, as TikTok and Instagram Reels. No wonder many people use this feature as another alternative to make or enjoy short videos. But have you ever felt like you want to enjoy it offline? You can actually do that after knowing how to download YouTube shorts.
As we all noticed, you can absolutely download YouTube videos. By doing so, you are able to watch it offline. But unfortunately, you can’t save the videos to your phone gallery directly. So whenever you want to enjoy it, you have to go to the YouTube official site or open the application.
Therefore, this article exists to give you a sort of alternative way to save YouTube shorts videos. Do you really want to know it? Let’s just begin the tips.
How To Download YouTube Shorts Video Through Phone
If you want to watch some YouTube videos offline, you can actually download them using its download feature. To do so, you’ll only follow the directions below:
- Go to the YouTube website or open the app on your phone
- Open the shorts video you wish to download
- Then, tap on the channel name at the bottom of the video
- You’ll see the gallery where the video posted by the channel
- Again, click the channel name
- Next, go to the Videos tab and find the short video you want to download
- Tap on the three-dots icon next to the video
- After that, hit Download Video
You can also use a different way to download a short video. Firstly, you need to open it in a normal way like you used to do whenever you enjoy a YouTube video. But how is it? Here’s what you can do:
- Open the short video, and tap on the music icon on the bottom-right corner
- After that, hit the arrow icon next to the video title
- Now, the video will be opened as a usual YouTube video view
- To download it, find Download beneath the video
- Finally, wait until the download process is done
Please keep in mind that this method won’t help you save short videos to your gallery. It’s still within YouTube. However, you can have it offline by now. To see where the downloaded videos are, do these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone
- On the homepage, find the Library button at the bottom of the screen
- Then, tap Downloads
- You’ll see all your downloaded videos.
Saving Our Own YouTube Shorts in a Simple Way
You may have previously posted some YouTube Shorts videos to your channel. But someday you wish to enjoy it offline from your phone gallery. And accidentally, you’ve deleted it a long time ago. What should you do then?
You can actually download your own videos from YouTube though you have posted them. Here are the instructions to do so:
- Go to YouTube Studio on PC
- Login with your active account which you used to upload the video
- Then, hit Content from the left-side menu
- After that, you’ll see all of your uploaded videos (shorts and regular videos)
- Find the video you want to download
- Click the three-dots icon next to the video
- Choose Download
There you have it. You can download either regular or shorts video with the same method above.
How To Download YouTube Shorts in Gallery Using App
Wishing to save shorts video on your Gallery? We got you to cover it. But since YouTube has not featured a tool that allows you to download videos directly, you need additional applications.
To download YouTube shorts video, you can’t use the same app as you download Instagram reels. In this article, we recommend you to use New Pipe as the best open-source app to help you do so. Here’s how:
- Firstly, launch New Pipe on your phone
- Open the app and start to operate it
- Save it for later, now open the shorts video you desire to save from YouTube
- Then, copy the URL link of the video
- Back to News Pipe, find the Search icon at the top-right corner of the screen
- After that, paste the copied URL link there
- The app will proceed with the video
- Tap on the Download button under the video
- Finally, you have succeeded to save the video to your phone gallery
How To Save Short Video on YouTube Through Website
If you don’t want to install more applications on your phone, you can save the shorts video using an online service. There are a lot of websites that allow you to download the video. One of the best options you can try is the en.savefrom.net website.
Before you move on to the website, make sure that you have copied the URL link of your desired short video. After that, let’s just dive into the website and figure out how it works.
- Go to browser and enter en.savefrom.net on PC or phone
- Secondly, just paste the link on the available box there
- Click the button next to the box
- Tap the Download button under the box
- If you desire to change the resolution, just tap the arrow icon next to the Download button
For Android users, it downloads and saves automatically to their gallery. While for iPhone, it’ll be a pop-up menu to start the download. Choose Download then.
Aside from en.savefrom.net, you can try y2mate.com or ddownr.com as well to help you save your preferred video.
Save The YouTube Shorts Using Eklipse
In addition to all of the methods above, we will also provide you with Eklipse features that allow you to clip your YouTube video and extract it. This AI tool is not only capable of clipping the video highlights but also giving it some editing stuff.
If you are curious about how to do it, we have a handy guide to operate this highlight clippers website. Just make a try of the Eklipse feature now.
It’s actually easy to learn how to download YouTube shorts. You can choose whether you want to use additional apps, online services, or even just use YouTube’s own features. Any method you’ll pick will give you a chance to enjoy YouTube shorts offline.
By the way, we have a comprehensive guide in case you want to watch YouTube Shorts on a PC. The steps are basically super easy. But if you are not familiar yet, just visit our article here: How To Watch YouTube Shorts on PC: A Beginner Guide.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.