Creating a portal in Minecraft will help you explore the vast landscapes in the game, including the plains, mountains, and jungles, and encounter both stunning vistas and malevolent forces.
Brave dungeons filled with demons and otherworldly beings, discover hidden fortresses with treasures to plunder, and gather rare resources.
This guide teaches you how to create a portal in Minecraft to access these sinister dimensions.
How to Make a Nether Portal in Minecraft
To make the Nether Portal, you’ll need a frame with a total of 14 obsidian blocks.
Once it’s built, then you’ll need to ignite any obsidian block side facing inward.
Here are the instructions you need to follow.
- Place four obsidian blocks on the ground.
- Stack four obsidian block on the left block currently on the ground. This creates a column of five blocks.
- Stack four obsidian blocks on the right block currently on the ground. This creates a column of five blocks.
- Connect the two columns using two obsidian blocks.
- This will create a standing rectangular obsidian block
- Move your flint and steel or fire charge from your inventory down to the Hotbar and select it.
- Ignite the portal by performing the following instructions
- PC: Right click on inner side of any obsidian block
- Console: Select inner side of any obsidian block, press the left trigger button
- Mobile: Tap on inner side of any obsidian block
When you complete a Nether Portal, now you’ll have access to the Nether dimension from the Overworld.
To use the portal, you can simply just move through it, then you’ll be brought to Nether dimension.
In the Nether dimension, you can mine many precious resources such as Netherrack, soul sand, gravel, lava, magma block, glowstone, nether quartz ore, soul soil, blackstone and its variants, nether gold ore, basalt, crimson stem, warped stem, and more.
More on Eklipse Blog >> How to Record Minecraft Gameplay on PC and Consoles
FREE AUTO Highlights CLIPPER Software
Eklipse.gg is an AI highlight generator and online video editor that clip your streams automatically and converts them to TikTok easily.
That’s all you need to know about how to create the end portal in Minecraft. Have you ever reached this part of the game in Minecraft?
There is actually one more kind of portal which is called Nether Portal. It’s quite tricky to build, so we recommend you to follow our guide in this article: How to Make a Nether Portal in Minecraft.
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to share this post to your friends if you find it helpful!
Your friendly-neighborhood gamers that love playing MOBA and strolling on Twitch in his free time. Akbar has been playing games since Sega Genesis era, and started being a game writer in his late college day.