We’ve already discussed Facebook Partner Program in the previous article. When it comes to the YouTube Partner Program, which actually has a similar concept to Facebook’s in terms of revenue. Additionally, YouTube Partner Program can help you to earn a lot of money from your YouTube channel.
You can start to monetize your videos using this feature. However, many YouTubers still haven’t known yet what Partner Program is, the requirements, and of course how to become a part of this program. So without further ado, let’s just begin the discussion.
Knowing About YouTube Partner Program
When you have a YouTube channel and start to grow with the increase of viewers and subscribers, you’re starting how you can gain money from your videos, aren’t you? But before you think further about how to do this, it’s better if you learn about YouTube Partner Program or YPP.
YPP is a program on YouTube that will allow you to increase the revenue, subscribers, and even product merchandising through the videos you have uploaded. In addition, if you want to monetize each of your videos, you will need to be a part of this program.
Thus, you have to know what requirements you have to fulfil before you start to apply for the program. In the next section, you’ll know the things you need to prepare to become a part of YPP.
YouTube Monetization Requirements 2022
In order to become a part of the Partner Program, there are several qualifications you need to fulfil. You can see in the following list:
- Should meet 18 years old for minimum age
- Having at least 10,000-lifetime views
- Have at least 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months
- Living in the country where the program is available to apply
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Follow the YouTube monetization policies
- Have linked an AdSense account
What if you’re still under 18 years old? You can still apply to the program, however, you’ll use the family account. Ask for the older people such as your parents to apply for you. That’ll be okay though.
YouTube Partner Program Application Tutorial
Once you have met the requirements above, you can start to sign up for the program. Additionally, the tutorial is quite easy to do yet tricky. You have to really ensure that you follow all the things YouTube required of you. Here are the steps:
- First of all, sign in to your YouTube account
- Second, hit the account icon and click Creator Studio
- After that, click on Channel > Status Features on the pop-up menu
- Find the Monetization tab and click Enable
- Then, you’ll see the terms and conditions YouTube has given to you. Make sure you read and understand it all
- Once you’ve read and understood all the terms and conditions, including making original content and following all the YouTube community guidelines, hit Accept
- Next, select the monetizing option. There are Overlay In-Video Ads, TrueView In-Stream Ads, and Videos Containing a Product Placement
- Choose at least one option, or in case you want to optimize the revenue, you can select all options
- Then, confirm the program enrollment by clicking Monetize My Video > Monetize
- Finally, wait for the approval within seconds. Once you have been approved by YouTube and get the “Partner Verified” status on your account, you can start to earn money.
Something is worth noting, if you are unaccepted as a part of the program, means that you still do something violating the guidelines. It can be your videos or anything. Make sure you remove the video that doesn’t match the policy and re-apply the program.
How To Activate The AdSense Account
Despite YouTube having already accepted your application for the Partner Program, you won’t be able to make money from your video without an AdSense account. Therefore, you need to activate this account first to start monetising your videos. Here’s how to register the Adsense account:
- Once your application has been approved, you’ll be directed to set up your AdSense account
- Provide the email address that linked to the YouTube account
- Then, fulfil your full name, home address, and your banking information
- After you have filled in all the information, now hit Create account
- Next, try to log in with your new AdSense account
Finally, you are now able to track your earnings from YouTube. Just in case someday you found any trouble regarding monetization, you can resolve it using this account.
There is how to register for YouTube Partner Program to help you earn money from the YouTube channel. In addition, do not forget to checkmark the monetized set-up of your video. Though you have been a part of the program and you have an AdSense account, if you forgot to set the monetization option of your video, you won’t get anything.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.