Considering that Facebook owns Instagram, you might envision the possibility of hosting Facebook and Instagram live sessions concurrently. This idea stems from the desire to engage and capture a broader audience, especially for well-known individuals, right?
The concept is indeed feasible, but executing it is not as straightforward as it may seem. Each platform has its own unique live-streaming features, and meeting their distinct requirements is crucial.
While it’s not a common practice to go live on both Facebook and Instagram simultaneously, it’s not impossible. In this article, we will provide insights on how to achieve this feat. Let’s get started.
Can You Do Facebook and Instagram Live Simultaneously?
As mentioned above, definitely you can do this. Technology has been getting more advanced every time. And as it becomes more advanced, it seems like each technology can do anything that used to be impossible back then.
If you are talking about the super classic solution to go live on two platforms at the same time, using two devices like phones, or PCs, will come to your mind, right?
Or for a better choice, you can record a ‘live streaming’ video first and then post it either on Facebook or Instagram. In addition, you can literally go live on one platform. But this is not a good idea as one of them loses its real-time engagement.
How To Do Facebook and Instagram Live Simultaneously
It will take a bit more steps to do this, but it is not that hard. But before we go to the instructions, let’s see what equipment you need to prepare. You will need:
- A PC with streaming software installation (OBS Studio is highly preferred)
- Additional mic or webcam
- Internet connection to get online service from Ciclano
More on Eklipse Blog>>> How to Live Streaming on YouTube: 3 Ways You Can Try
How To Setup Ciclano.io
If you have had those things, we can go to the first step which is setting up the Ciclano. Here’s how:
- Open ciclano.io and sign up for your account
- Click Login and Sign Up
- Fill with your data
- After signing up on ciclano.io, connect it to the Facebook profile and Instagram
- Go to Ciclano main screen > click tab Channel
- Add Account > checkbox on Facebook and Instagram account
- Fill the title form in Title and Description Box
- Hit To Save button
- Back to the homepage of Ciclano and click the Enable Broadcast button
- After a few seconds, you’ll find some codes. Copy the codes
- Now you can show the live stream to your Instagram and Facebook
Note: Do not panic as you see the black screen instead of the video recording. You’ll make it if you have set up the OBS Studio.
Setting Up The OBS Studio Software
After you have done with Ciclano, you can start to set up your OBS software. These are the steps:
- open OBS Studio software
- To start setting up, find the Sources box on the bottom of the screen, then hit the ‘+’ button
- Select Video Capture Device > add Webcam > OK
- Set HD resolution for better quality
- Then, go to Settings
- Hit the Stream button
- Click Custom Settings from the menu
- Check the box named Use Authentication
- Paste the copied codes
- If you are ready to broadcast, just hit the Start Broadcast button
- Now, you are literally can go live on Facebook and Instagram at the same time.
More on Eklipse Blog>>> How to Stream on Twitch and TikTok: Expand Your Reach Simply
1. Is it better to go live on Facebook or Instagram?
For longer streams with more features and control, choose Facebook. For quick, casual streams, go with Instagram.
2. Can I go live on Facebook and Instagram at the same time?
You can go live on Facebook and Instagram at the same time with the steps above.
Despite that doing Facebook and Instagram live simultaneously is kind of impossible and hard to do, but here we are. Streaming on two platforms at the same time without any difficulties. But still, you need a third-party tool to help you do this.
One thing is for sure, before you decide to go live, you have to know the best time to post or to live stream on Instagram and Facebook. It is important to optimize your viewers. So, you won’t do something useless and waste time.
By the way, if you want to know how to multistream TikTok and Twitch as well, our article can provide comprehensive guidance for you. Read on here: How to Stream on TikTok and Twitch At The Same Time.
Want to grow your Facebook and Instagram audience? Look no further than Eklipse!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.