Achieving affiliate status on Twitch is an exciting milestone that reflects your dedication and hard work.
However, you might have concerns about the potential loss of your affiliate status, especially if you experience a decline in followers or a decrease in your streaming frequency. In this article, we will delve into this topic to provide you with the information you need.
Let’s address the question: Can you lose affiliate status on Twitch?
Can you lose affiliate status on Twitch?
Losing your affiliate status on Twitch can occur due to various reasons, including account inactivity, violation of Twitch’s Terms of Service, voluntary termination by you or Twitch, or breaching the affiliate agreement between you and Twitch.
While there may be exceptional cases or additional factors that could lead to the loss of your Twitch Affiliate status, in most instances, it is attributed to one of these reasons. To determine your current affiliate status on Twitch, you can follow the steps outlined below.
How to Check Your Affiliate Status on Twitch
To check your current affiliate status on Twitch, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon and go to your “Creator Dashboard.”
- On the left side, click on “Analytics” and select “Achievements.”
- Click on the tab labeled “Path to Affiliate” to view your current Twitch Affiliate status.
Reasons for Losing Twitch Affiliate Status
There are several reasons why you might lose your Twitch Affiliate status:
- Account Inactivity: Twitch may terminate members of the Affiliate Program who show a complete lack of participation for more than 12 months. However, Twitch evaluates these situations on a case-by-case basis, considering various factors.
- Violation of Twitch’s Terms of Service: Breaking Twitch’s terms and services can result in the removal of your affiliate status and even the suspension or banning of your entire Twitch account.
- Voluntary Termination: Either you or Twitch can end the affiliate agreement at any time by providing written notice. Upon termination, Twitch will handle any outstanding payments owed to you.
- Breaking the Affiliate Agreement: Streaming simultaneously on another platform or engaging in activities that breach the affiliate agreement can lead to the loss of your affiliate status.
In conclusion, losing Twitch Affiliate status can result from account inactivity, violating terms, voluntary termination, or breaching agreements. Stay engaged, follow guidelines, and preserve your status.
And if you’re looking to enhance your streaming presence, consider trying Eklipse!
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends