What Is A Stream or Stinger Transition?
If you’re in the market for the best stream transitions, you’re in luck! But you might be wondering what a Stinger Transition is. Well, it’s just another name for a Stream Transition. These are animated transitions that you should ideally be using for a scene change. What does that mean?
For example, if you move from a main stream to a pause screen, or from your intro to the main stream, you need a transition. Otherwise, your visuals will look super jarring without a good transition. In short, having a good stinger or stream transition, makes your stream much more professional looking.
Why Do You Need Transitions?
Stream Transitions provide a seamless feeling between your scenes. This in turn makes your stream look more professional and attractive to your audience. Stream Transitions are your ticket to a better user experience for your viewers, and to get them talking!
Without transitions, your streams will look half baked, and with tons of content creators out there, you need to set yourself apart. Of course, transitions aren’t the only thing, and your content needs to be on par as well. Delivering a high quality production and quality content is the first step, but transitions are the icing on the cake.
How To Add Stream Transitions
The ways to add stream transitions depend on the streaming software you are using. Each piece of software is built differently. However, the common point is the fact that you will find a button/menu entitled “Stinger Transitions”, “Transitions” or “Scene Transitions” in whatever software you are using.
This is where streamers can get the chance to add and integrate different transitions into your software and stream. If you are using OBS Studio as your streaming software, here is a step-by-step guide on how to add Stinger Transitions to your stream.
Now, let’s check out some of the best stream transitions available for you!
Stream Transitions In OBS
Below you’ll find the easy to follow steps to add transitions if you’re using OBS!
- Open the OBS Studio Software
- Click on the + sign at the bottom right of the “Scene transitions” heading and select Stinger.
- You will see a window open up to upload your transition and make further settings.
- Click on the “Browse” button to find a transition to upload.
- Next, select “Time” for the transition type.
- For the transition point enter the middle of the transition duration in milliseconds. That means, if your transition lasts 5 seconds, enter 2500.
- Make sure that the audio monitoring is set to “monitor off”.
- In the Audio Transition Style select the “Hide to transition point and then fade in” option and then click OK.
Your transition is now set!
Best Stream Transitions
You can often find some incredible stream transitions online. One of our favorite places is OWN3D. Their online store has a massive selection for transitions, banners and overlays! Once you use Eklipse.gg to capture your streaming highlights, you can then even add transitions to make them appear more professional!