If you are an Apple user and looking for an easy and packed editing tool, you’re going to love iMovie. It’s a tool that can take care of your editing needs. You can add transitions, effects, stickers, and filters, and even learn how to trim a video in iMovie.
In this article, we’re going to tell you how to edit your video on Mac, iPhone, and iPad using this tool. So without further ado, let’s just get started.
How To Trim A Video in iMovie on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can follow these steps to trim a video on your iPhone using iMovie. Here’s how.
- Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
- Select the video you want to edit.
- You will see an edit option at the top right corner of your screen, click on it.
- This will open a new window. You will see yellow window arrows.
- Move the arrows to any side to edit the video.
- To trim the ending, move the arrow to the center from the right.
- To trim the beginning, move the arrow to the center from the left.
- Once done, you can save the video.
Additionally, the iMovie app on your iPad works the same way so you can use the same steps to edit your videos using the iPad.
How To Trim A Video in iMovie on Mac
As previously mentioned, you can also use iMovie on your Mac. Follow these steps to trim a video on your iPhone using Mac.
- First of all, launch the iMovie app on your Mac.
- Double-click the editing panel from the Projects tab.
- Open the video on Mac and find the exact moment of the video parts you want to trim.
- Hit the Press ⌘ Command + B on your keyboard to automatically split the area into two sections.
- Now, you can delete the part you don’t want to include.
- Alternatively, you can hover over the video clip in the bottom editor, then right-click at the desired cut point for a seamless editing experience.
- Then, you can right-click and select the Split Clip option under the popup menu.
- Once done, you can go ahead and save the video.
How to Trim A Video in Eklipse for iPhone and Mac Users
Another alternative way to trim the video duration is using Eklipse. Eklipse is an easy-to-use yet powerful clip maker that can help you turn the video into smaller parts, even transform it to be a TikTok video. Generated by AI, Eklipse requires no manual editing to get things done. Here’s how to use the Trim-Clip feature.
- Starting off by heading over to the Eklipse official website in the browser.
- Log in to your account or create a new one.
- After that, connect your Eklipse account with your social media account (Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, FB, Discord).
- Let the AI automatically load the streams.
- Choose the stream you want to trim from the Clips option in the left-side menu.
- Under the video preview, hit the Trim-clip option.
- Adjust the bar in the beginning and the end of the duration bar to select the part you want to preserve.
- Once done, write a name and hit Complete.
Additionally, you can also take different route on Eklipse by turning it into TikTok video. The steps are actually simpler. Here’s how.
- Log in to your account.
- Upload the video you want to cut, or simply copy-paste the URL link.
- Then, select your favorite template and hit Continue Editing.
- Now, you can adjust the facecam and the gameplay area, as well as trimming the length of your video.
- After that, hit Next.
- Write a title, pick the resolution, and add channel name, auto-caption, and music.
- Click Confirm.
Bingo! You’re all set. To find your edited video, you can go to Edits in the left side menu and hit Edited by you. Now, you can immediately share your clip on your social media. in case you want to learn more about the Eklipse Trim-Clip feature, you can visit our article: How to Trim TikTok Video Using Eklipse. Dare to give it a try?
So that’s how to trim a video in iMovie app on your iPad, iPhone, and Mac to edit the length of your videos. In case you want to use another alternative video editing for Mac or iPad, you can definitely go to our article to pick your favorite software: 8 Best Free Video Editing Software To Try.
FREE AUTO Highlights CLIPPER Software
Eklipse.gg is an AI highlight generator and online video editor that clip your streams automatically and converts them to TikTok easily.
Hi I’m a content writer at Eklipse gaming. I have a passion for gaming and I love writing about it.