Social media is a vital channel for many streamers. It’s a place where you can engage with your community anytime and give visitors a glimpse of who you are as a brand. When used correctly, it can drive significant organic growth for your streaming platform.
However, it can be challenging to know what to focus on, especially when time is limited. Here are five tips to help you narrow your focus and kickstart your growth on social media.
1. Choose One Platform
With so many social media platforms available today, it may feel like a must to be on all of them. In reality, that’s counterproductive.
Spare your time to learn about the platform, the new community, how the platform’s algorithm works, which content formats work best, etc.
Pick one social platform to focus on, excel at it, and build your audience there. Once you have that platform on autopilot, you can expand to other platforms.
2. Post Content Frequently
To make your audience recognize your presence, you need to post content frequently. Here’s how often we recommend posting on each platform.
- Facebook: Post between 3-7 times a week. Aim for once a day.
- Twitter: Tweet around 10 times a day, but don’t do it all at once. Avoid consecutive posting.
- Instagram: Publish one post per day, but also try posting a few stories throughout the week.
3. Diversify Your Content
Promoting your live streams on your social media profiles is a great way to organically build your streaming audience. However, you’ll gain more benefits if you also sprinkle in other types of content. Offer value to your audience beyond just your streams.
Here are some ideas you can try:
- Share interesting news that your audience might want to know.
- Ask your audience to post their all-time favorite VODs. Not only will you get engagement from your audience, but you’ll also learn what kind of content they enjoy the most!
- Share tips and tricks. Are you exceptionally skilled in a particular game? Is there something you excel at in a job that your audience might be interested in (like design)? If so, try posting content around those topics. If not, try identifying issues your audience might be experiencing or ask them what they’d like to learn more about, and then do some research on that problem.
To make your feed visually appealing, make sure you post more than just plain text; include videos and images too.
If you ever feel stuck, ask yourself, “Who is my audience, and what are they interested in?”
4. Plan Your Content
You’ll be more likely to post consistently if your content is ready in advance. Choose a suitable day of the week for you and spend one or two hours creating as much content as possible for the upcoming week.
This will save you more time than you think because your mind will be in “content creation mode,” allowing you to produce more. It can be challenging to switch your brain into content creation gear if you’re trying to come up with posts every day.
Lastly, some platforms allow you to schedule posts in advance, but you can also do it using free tools like Hootsuite. Scheduling your posts at the beginning of the week will free up your mind for other tasks.
5. Engage with Other Creators
This one is crucial and often underestimated. Start engaging with other content creators on any social media platform you use.
To start, find content creators that you genuinely like and leave them authentic comments or share their content with some brief comments added. This will not only help you gain more followers from those creators, but it will also open the door for future collaborations and ultimately gain visibility from their followers.
Building an engaging social media presence requires careful consideration and implementation of effective strategies. By following these tips, you can create a compelling brand and grow your audience organically. Remember to prioritize quality interactions, provide value to your audience, and remain consistent in your efforts!
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends