To be able to gain more exposure to your content, relying on one platform isn’t enough. You should expand your viewer community and discoverability by posting your content to other social media. TikTok is one of the best platforms to promote your content as it has so many active users. Luckily, you can now learn how to stream on TikTok and Twitch at the same time.
Since Twitch changed its exclusivity clause, users are allowed to stream on the ‘short-form mobile service’ at the same time, which includes TikTok. You can take advantage of this new policy then. Although it’s going to be a long ride, it’s worth your time and effort. So, without any further ado, let’s jump right into the guide!
How to Stream on Tiktok and Twitch At The Same Time
To be able to go live on TikTok and Twitch simultaneously, you’re going to need two streaming software. If you have used OBS Studio for your regular uses, then you’ll need the second OBS. Be it Streamlabs, or second OBS. Here’s how to get access to the second OBS.
- Start off by going to obsproject website, and instead of hitting the Download and Install button, hit the Download Zip button to save the zip file.
- Once it’s downloaded, head to the second link that will show you the OBS Virtual Cam.
- Then, just click on the Go to Download button at the upper-right-hand corner of the screen and let it be saved on your local library.
- After that, go to the folder where you save the Zip file. Once you’ve found the file, right-click and extract the file.
- Next up, within the extracted file, find the Bin folder and open it.
- Find and open the folder saying ’64-bit’. Scroll down and find the OBS Broadcaster symbol.
- Make a shortcut from it, and drag and drop it to the desktop.
- Then, install the OBS Virtual Cam you’ve downloaded previously. After that, launch the primary OBS you desire to capture your Twitch streaming.
How to Setting Up the Primary OBS to Capture Twitch Streaming
Before going live, you’ll need to set up the streaming platform to capture your live streaming on Twitch. Just follow the steps below.
- First, open the OBS Studio and navigate to the Display Capture. Then, right-click it and choose Filters.
- After that, the Effects and Filters small page will pop up on your screen.
- Hit the plus sign at the left-button corner of the small page, and select Virtual Cam.
- Next up, change the Target Camera and hit the Start button.
- Now the streaming software is ready to capture your stream to TikTok.
- As for setting up the main camera, do the same step but instead of hitting the Display Picture, hit the Video Capture Device.
- Finally, your main OBS is ready for live streaming on Twitch.
How to Setting Up the Second OBS for TikTok
As you can only go live on TikTok via mobile phone, it requires you extra software to capture the streaming to TikTok. You can follow the tutorial below.
- To begin with, open the second OBS you’ve installed previously and set the screen to fit with the TikTok ratio.
- To do so, hit the Settings button at the bottom-right corner of the screen > Video.
- After that, change your Base Canvas Resolution to 1080 by 1920.
- Then, change the Output rescale resolution to 720p by 1280 and set the FPS to 30.
- Don’t click OK. Instead, move to the Output settings > change the Output Mode to Advanced and select the Streaming tab.
- Set everything up just like in the image below. Finally, go ahead and hit Apply.
- Now that you have set your canvas for TikTok, right-click anywhere inside the page and choose the Video Capture Device option.
- Then, make sure that your screen shows up like the image below. Choose the Device to be your main camera for streaming.
- Next up, do the same steps but change your device option to the previous OBS app so that you can put your gameplay on the remaining space of your TikTok canvas.
How to Start Streaming on TikTok and Twitch Simultaneously
After all the steps above, now is the time to start streaming. Here are some more steps to do.
- Navigate to the Settings button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, choose the Stream tab on the left menu.
- Set the service and the server, and paste the keystream you’ve got from Twitch. Don’t forget to hit Apply and then hit OK.
- Finally, you’re ready to go by pressing the Start Streaming button in the same space as the Settings button, and Voila! Now you are successfully streaming on Twitch and TikTok simultaneously.
So, that’s how to stream on TikTok and Twitch at the same time. It takes a lot of processes indeed. But if you can consistently do this, you’re going to be amazed later due to the viewer explosion. Don’t ever hesitate to make a great effort the first time on your journey. Because to be a successful streamer is not like you walk in the park. Good luck then, folks!
Anyway, we provide other information about how to clip your stream seamlessly with Eklipse in case you are looking for easy-to-use software. If you are curious about it, just head over to our article: Edit Twitch Clips for TikTok Using Eklipse.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.