When you’re not familiar with editing TikTok videos, you may find adjusting the length of your clips complicated or confusing. Not to mention TikTok is continuously making updates, some of which affect how you adjust clips on TikTok (more on that to come).
However, adjusting clips on TikTok is an important thing to do, since you need to make a short but engaging video.
Luckily for you, there are a few tips and tricks that will help make adjusting clip length easier on TikTok. Let’s deep dive into the topics!
Option 1: How to Adjust Clip Length on TikTok App
To adjust your video length, you can either trim a video directly from the TikTok app or adjust the length of the videos recorded from your camera roll. We will tell you how you can do both of these things.
1. Trimming the Length of videos You Recorded on TikTok
Here’s how you can adjust the length of the videos from the app:
- Step 1. Open the TikTok app and start recording your video by tapping the big red button
- Step 2. Once you are done recording the video, click on the checkmark icon to finish the recording
- Step 3. Then, you can click on the Adjust clips option at the top-right corner of the app. Here you will find a slider for adjusting the length of your video.
- Step 4. After that, use the slider options to trim and adjust the length of your video.
- Step 5. Finally, once you are done with the adjustment, click save to apply the changes to your video.
2. Trimming the Length of Videos from the Camera Roll
Alternatively, you can also trim the length of your TikTok video from your camera roll . Here’s how to do that.
- Step 1. First of all, open your TikTok app, and hit the plus button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2. Instead of tapping the recording button, tap the gallery icon next to the red button.
- Step 3. Select videos you want to edit from the phone gallery. Once you have selected those videos, click Next.
- Step 4. Then, you’ll see some sliders at the bottom of the app. Drag these sliders to adjust the beginning and the end of your videos
- Step 5. Once you are done, click Next in the top right corner of the app.
- Step 6. Finally, you can add additional effects, stickers, text, or filters if you want before posting it.
Option 2: How to Adjust TikTok Clips with Eklipse
Actually, there are other options you can do to adjust the clip length of your TikTok videos. In addition, you can try other secondary tools to trim your videos and give them a finished effect. Eklipse is one of the best choices of all tools. It has various incredible features that will help you to capture your best streaming moments.
Currently, Eklipse has released its new feature called TikTok Online Editor which allows you to edit your TikTok video in a couple clicks. Follow the steps below to adjust your video length.
- Go to Eklipse.gg on your browser, register your account.
You can sign-up using Facebook or Twitch or you can create an account manually using email, all for FREE.
- Click Upload Clip menu at the center of homepage.
By clicking Upload Clip menu, you will be brought to the Eklipse Studio tools.
- Insert your clip into the app.
You can just put Clip URL into Eklipse, click Get Clip, or upload it from your local storage.
– If you insert a YouTube video URL, ensure the video duration is under 2 minutes long.
– If you upload a clip from local storage, ensure the video has a maximum of 100MB in size and 5 minutes in duration.
- Choose the TikTok template you want to use.
Eklipse has 9 TikTok video templates that you can choose to use. After done selecting your template, click Continue Editing button.
- Adjust your clip for TikTok
You can trim your clip, also select facecam and game feed area for the best result
- Customize the video all you want
You can change your output settings, add music, or try our latest feature, add channel name sticker!
- Click Confirm to go back to the Eklipse app home page.
- Go to Edited Clip > Convert to TikTok/ Reels on the left sidebar menu.
- Click Download or Share straight to your social media account.
You can download your clip to share it to TikTok directly from Eklipse.
Voila! Your TikTok video is now successfully edited and ready to post on your account.
So, that’s how you can trim the length of your clips from TikTok. It’s necessary to adjust the length of your clips due to the time limit provided by Twitch. Always adjust the length of your video to make sure that only relevant content is included in the final context.
Almira spends most of her time writing and reading some interesting books. She also loves games and cats.