Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms along with Facebook and Twitter. It provides an opportunity for influencers to increase their fan following. It’s also great for business-minded people looking to gain customers. There can be cases where you want to get rid of your Instagram account. So, how to delete your Instagram account? Keep reading the blog to learn about that.
Follow these steps to successfully remove your Instagram account:
- Log in to your Instagram using your phone or computer.
- Now go to the “Delete your account” page.
- You need to select an option from the drop-down menu next to “Why are you deleting your account?”. This will send some feedback to Instagram regarding issues within the app.
- The option for permanently deleting your account won’t appear unless you select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve selected a reason, the option for deleting your account will appear. Click delete [your username].
Once you delete your account, all your information will be with Instagram before Instagram permanently deletes all of it. Sometimes the deletion process can take up to 90 days. Once the duration ends, all your data including your photos, videos, likes, followers, and comments will disappear permanently.
If you don’t want that to happen, you can choose to temporarily disable your account instead. Once you delete your original account, you can use the username to create a new account as long as someone else hasn’t taken your username for their Instagram account.
So, that’s how you can permanently remove your Instagram account. Make sure you have made up your mind about this because there’s no way of recovering your Instagram account once you remove it. Also make sure that you don’t loose any important information or memory.