Have you ever used Windows Media Player for more than just playing videos and audio? Did you know that with the help of plugins, you can even trim and edit videos using the media player?
It may not have editing features by default, but you can install a video trimmer plugin like SolveigMM WMP Trimmer for free.
Need help editing videos on Windows Media Player? Check out our tutorial for step-by-step instructions. Get started now!
How To Trim Video In Windows Media Player Easily
Microsoft Windows Media Player does not allow you to trim, crop, or edit videos directly. Nonetheless, you can do it using an additional tool you need to install first. So, without any further ado, let’s see what you should do.
- First of all, download the SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plug-in
- Secondly, install the downloaded plug-in on your device
- Once it’s successfully installed, open the Windows Media Player app
- Then, find the Tool tab on the main menu bar and click Plug-ins under the Tool tab
- Select the SolveigMM WMP Trimmer option to activate it
More on Eklipse Blog >> Know How To Trim a Video On TikTok
- After the plug-in is activated, now you can start to edit your video using this tool
- Find and open the video you want to trim using Windows Media Player
- Next, play the video and while playing the video, move the blue slider to select the part of the video you wish to trim
- In case you find it hard to use the slider, go to the Start box and you can manually type the time of your video that you want to start selecting
- Once you selected the part of the video you desire to trim, you can click the In button to trim the part
- Then, click the Out button to cut the selected part out of the original video.
- Finally, save and rename the trimmed video to your download folder
Now, you have known how to edit a video on Windows Media Player for free. However, you can only cut or trim the video. You cannot add filters, play with the colour editor or do more advanced editing stuff. In addition to that, you can find many great video editors on the internet that you can also use for free.
More on Eklipse Blog >> How to Make a Clip From a YouTube Video Using Eklipse
That’s all about how to trim video in Windows Media Player. Though it’s never made for editing any video or audio, you can still trim or cut the video. Thanks to the plug-in feature. Now, you can try it out at home. Good luck!
If you are an Apple user and looking for an easy editing tool that works for your devices, you can try iMovie. iMovie is a built-in feature that will cover all your editing needs. Learn how to use it through our article: How To Trim A Video in iMovie on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.