The YouTube Partner Program gives special perks and ways to make money to regular YouTubers.
Even though you can earn money on YouTube without being a partner, being a partner makes things easier and comes with extra advantages. This guide will take you through the steps to become a part of the program and start benefiting from it.
Step 1: Meet the Basics
Before you can be a YouTube Partner, make sure your channel meets some simple requirements. You need to have at least 1,000 subscribers and your videos need to have been watched for a total of 4,000 hours in the last year.
Step 2: Create an AdSense Account
To start, set up an AdSense account. AdSense is Google’s tool for showing ads on websites and videos. It’s an important part of making money from your YouTube content. Follow YouTube’s official guide to make and connect your AdSense account.
Step 3: Explore How to Make Money
The YouTube Partner Program has different ways for you to earn money:
- Ad Revenue: To get money from ads, your videos should be friendly for advertisers. This means making content that’s good for a lot of people, as advertisers prefer safe videos. You should also be at least 18 years old.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: If someone with YouTube Premium watches your video, you’ll get a bit of the money they pay for their subscription. This happens automatically, so you don’t need to do anything extra.
- Channel Memberships: You can sell special memberships to your subscribers. But first, you need to have more than 30,000 subscribers and be at least 18 years old.
- Merchandise Shelf: If you have over 10,000 subscribers and are at least 18 years old, you can sell your own merchandise right from YouTube’s merchandise shelf.
- Super Chat Payments: With Super Chat, your fans can pay to have their messages stand out during your live streams. You must be at least 18 years old and live in a place where this feature is offered.
Step 4: Keep Up the Good Work
As a YouTube Partner, your channel has to meet higher standards. You need to follow the rules of the YouTube Partner Program, the Community Guidelines, and copyright laws. It’s important to make content that follows these rules and keeps the online community positive.
More on Eklipse Blog >> 5 YouTube Shorts Online Video Editors – Best Free Options
In closing, the YouTube Partner Program has many ways for content creators to make money. By following these easy steps and meeting the requirements, you can become a part of the program and use these opportunities to make money from your channel. Always remember to keep your content high-quality and interact positively with your audience to succeed as a YouTube Partner.
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Eklipse help streamer improve their social media presence with AI highlights that clip your Twitch / Kick streams automatically & converts them to TikTok / Reels / Shorts
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.