Are you a die-hard fan of Minecraft and wondering how to get Minecraft on Chromebook? Lucky you since you can definitely do it. Well, Minecraft’s developers and publishers have made this game to be playable on every platform, including Chromebook.
However, not all players know how to play Minecraft on Chromebook. But don’t worry, though. This article has covered a couple of ways to run this game on a Chromebook. Without further ado let’s jump into the tutorial.
How to Get Minecraft Education Edition Chromebook
As we all know, Minecraft has various playable editions. That includes the Education Edition, which is more student-centric and aims to promote creativity, problem-solving skills, and collaboration.
- To get access to this version it requires Play Store. But before starting to play this game, you’ll need a subscription through the education email address to access this version post-installation. Then, follow the steps below.
- To begin with, head to the time at the bottom-right corner of the screen, and hit the gear icon.
- After that, under Settings, select the Apps option. Then, toggle the Google Play Store button into the on position. This action will enable you to use PlayStore on your Chromebook and install any Android apps.
- Then, open the Google Play Store from the taskbar or via search. Search Minecraft: Education Edition and hit the Install button.
- Once the game has been installed, click the Open button on the Play Store screen to launch it.
There you have it. Now you can play Minecraft: Education Edition on your Chromebook. It’s worth noting that students have 10 chances of free logins.
How to Play Minecraft Java Edition on Chromebook
In addition to Education Edition, there is also Java Edition you can play. However, if you have learned how to get Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux, now you’ll need to set up this first on your Chromebook. Here’s how to do it.
- Start off by heading to Settings (do the same method as above). Then, under Settings, select the Advanced option to expand the menu, and hit Developers.
- After that, click on the Turn on button next to the Linux development environment (Beta) section.
- Once Linux is installed, open the Linux Terminal by pressing the search key on the keyboard and type ‘terminal’ and open it. Alternatively, you can open the App Drawer and find the Linux apps, and you’ll see ‘terminal’.
- Then, update the Linux environment by typing this command: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade –y
- Once it’s successfully updated, download the Minecraft.deb file (Debian/Ubuntu) from its official website. Then, move the file to the Linux files section inside the Files app.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and hit the Install button and wait several minutes until it’s installed on your Chromebook.
- Next up, search the Minecraft Launcher in the search tab and click it to launch. After that, log in with your Minecraft account and you can enjoy the game!
Installing Minecraft Using PojavLauncher (ARM and x86)
Just in case your Chromebook has an ARM chipset, then you can’t use the Linux method. Instead, you’ll need the PojavLauncher. This can help you to run the Minecraft Android version on ARM-based and x86-based Chromebooks. Here’s how to use it.
- First, open Settings by doing the same method as above, and click the Apps tab.
- Second, open the Google Play Store and search for PojavLauncher and hit the Install button.
- Then, run the launcher and grant it storage permission when prompted.
- Finally, the launcher will download and install any files needed to launch Minecraft and give you the option to log into the game.
So, there you have it. Now that you have known how to get Minecraft on Chromebook, you can prepare yourself to start playing the game now. Are you excited to play this game?
Pump up your excitement by playing on other servers such as Hunger Games. Take a look at how intriguing they are and the best servers available here: The Best Minecraft Hunger Games Server 2022.
Anyway, you can have a look at our blog for numerous Minecraft tips and tricks, such as farming Lapis Lazuli diamonds, and more! Don’t forget to record your gameplay and share to others. Have nice gaming, then!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.