TikTok is a hugely popular social media platform with over 1 billion users as of September 2021. It achieved this milestone in just four years, much faster than Facebook and Instagram. In the first quarter of 2022, TikTok was the most downloaded app and the top-grossing non-game app on both Apple and Google Play stores.
In this guide, we’ll explore TikTok marketing from the viewpoint of content creators. We’ll cover how to create a TikTok business account, craft a successful TikTok marketing strategy, understand the benefits of marketing on TikTok, and draw inspiration from brands that have done it well.
What is TikTok Marketing?
TikTok marketing means using TikTok and its content features to boost your brand and content. By creating engaging short videos, you can connect with your audience, showcase what you do, and build a strong online presence. TikTok marketing is all about TikTok specifically, unlike social media marketing which covers various platforms. However, you can reuse your TikTok videos on platforms like Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
Setting Up a TikTok Business Account for Content Creators
To start a TikTok business account, it’s important to understand the difference between a TikTok business account and a creator account. Business accounts offer business tools like ads and analytics, limited access to sound clips, the ability to create an online store, and the option to use third-party tools for scheduling and managing content. Here’s how to create a TikTok business account:
- Download the TikTok app and create a new account.
- Open your TikTok profile and tap the menu in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- Tap “Manage account.”
- Tap “Switch to Business Account.”
- Choose the category that best fits your content creator profile.
10 Tips to Improve Your TikTok Marketing Strategy
Here are ten tips to make your TikTok marketing strategy successful:
- Create a Branded TikTok Profile: Make your profile appealing with a clear logo or video, an attractive business name, a catchy bio, and a contact email.
- Understand Your TikTok Audience: Research your target audience and create profiles of your typical customers.
- Make High-Quality TikTok Content: Explore popular themes, learn from successful brands, and try different video styles.
- Use Ads in Your Strategy: Allocate some of your marketing budget for TikTok ads to reach a wider audience.
- Collaborate with TikTok Influencers: Partner with influencers to create engaging content and expand your brand’s reach.
- Track TikTok Analytics: Monitor your video performance and figure out what content is popular and the best times to post.
- Ride the TikTok Trends: Use trending sounds, challenges, and video styles to increase the chances of your content going viral.
- Leverage TikTok’s Editing Features: Enhance your videos with filters, text, stickers, effects, and voiceovers available on TikTok.
- Keep it Short and Sweet: Aim for around 30-second videos to maintain viewer engagement.
- Try Live Videos: Interact with your viewers in real time and potentially earn through virtual gifts
Start your TikTok marketing journey by creating a TikTok business account, optimizing your profile, and creating exciting short videos. Consistency is key, so aim to post new content at least twice a week. Also, consider using TikTok ads, collaborating with influencers, and analyzing your analytics to understand your performance and make informed decisions.
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends