Twitch VoD is basically a feature that allows viewers to revisit your best content that is previously streamed. In addition, VoD can be very helpful to attract more viewers and help you engage with your new viewers better.
However, those who are new to streaming still have no idea about this kind of thing. But worry no more, since this article will cover all you need to know about Twitch VoD and its importance. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What is VoD?
VoD stands for Video on Demand.
Usually, the video is recorded with screen recording software during a Twitch or any live stream. A VoD usually synthesizes your main highlights from games. In addition, there are also some VoD implementations within the player audio commentary. Its purpose is to provide tips or explain in-game tactics.
A Twitch VoD is the same, it allows you to share your best streaming moments with old and new viewers. This way they will not miss anything. This feature is also available on your mobile devices.
How to Enable Twitch VoD to Attract More Views?
Thankfully, enabling Twitch VoD is actually simple. You can follow these steps to get it done.
- Go to your Twitch profile icon in the right corner.
- Click on the “Creators Dashboard”.
- Open “Settings” and then click “Stream”.
- Now click “VOD Settings” and enable “Store Past Broadcasts”.
- The “Always Publish VoD” option under it will be enabled by default.
- You can also turn the “Always Publish VoD” off if you want.
What is the Difference Between VoD, Live Streaming, and Replay?
Now you know what VoD is. However, there are other terms that people often confuse with VoD, even though their meanings are actually different from VoD.
- Compilation of highlights or instructions from players.
- You can rewind and view it at any time.
- Gamers can respond to viewers when they are online.
- Live broadcast.
- Unable to play back once it ends.
- Spectators and players can interact directly with the live streamers
- A feature that allows you to replay past matches.
- Allows you to view from different players’ perspectives.
- Used by eSports teams to learn about their mistakes in major tournaments.
Why is Twitch VoD Important for Streaming?
If live streaming is enough, then why do streamers need a VoD? The answer is very simple. With Twitch VoD, you can attract more viewers! You want viewers to follow or subscribe to you immediately when they first visit your channel.
But out of countless streams or videos, which one should they watch first? You will want them to click on the most interesting video, right? This is why you need VoD, and Twitch is the best streaming platform to offer this excellent feature.
VoD can be the set of highlights from your game that you feel are the best. For example, if you are playing an FPS game, you can show case scenes where you kill the opposing team. So, your viewers will immediately appreciate at your skills and will not hesitate to follow you!
Tips to Create Highlights From Twitch VoD
To get viewers more interested in following you, you need to know how to make highlight clips from Twitch VoD to stand out. Here are tips to get you started.
- Choose the best scenes in your game battle
Edit your videos as creative as possible, such as by adding songs, fun memes, or sound effects. You can also insert an introduction to your VoD that explains the games you play and the type of content you create.
- For a review or tutorial video, make sure your language or voice is easy to understand.
- Do not show malicious scenes or violate the rules of platforms like Facebook, Youtube, or TikTok (gore, horror, etc.)
- Respond carefully to viewers’ comments, they will feel very appreciated!
How To Download a Twitch VoD
Did you know that you are not only able to re-watch the Twitch VoD, but you are also able to download them? Well, Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Twitch.tv and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the Profile icon and hit Video Producers under the drop-down menu.
- Then, you’ll see the list of your stream videos.
- Hit the three-dots button next to the video you want to save.
- Afterward, click on the Download option.
- Voila! Your VoD is now stored on your local device.
In addition, you can also download other streamers’ VoD. However, you can’t do it directly from the website. You’ll need to use additional tool or website to do it. Read our previous articles on the blog for the tutorial.
Create Amazing Highlights with Eklipse
There’s no denying that creating a good VoD requires a lot of time and effort. You see, in addition to the content aspect, you also need to edit the video to be more attractive.
We got you. You can now create a clip in no time without having to edit it. In fact, you don’t even have to bother finding good highlights in your Twitch VoD.
You can do it all automatically, from selecting the highlight scene to creating the video clip. All you need to do is sit down, stream your favorite game and then upload the finished VoD to Eklipse. All of this is made possible using Eklipse, a powerful AI that creates excellent game highlights.
You can share these highlights on all your social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and even TikTok. Use the new Eklipse feature to make excellent Instagram reels and Tiktok shorts and promote your content more.
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Twitch VoD have made it easy for them to not miss the streams from their favorites. VoD highlights help game streamers to promote their channels quickly. To create an interesting video, you can edit a series of highlights, which can be combined with songs, memes, and sound effects.
Creating a good highlight certainly takes time, but with Eklipse it’s super easy. No need to bother with video editing, just play the game and wait for your highlight video to be ready!
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.