Many people keep asking about how to share full reels on Instagram story. This is because Instagram has limitations for the Instagram story post. Additionally, you have 60 seconds long for an Instagram reel, but on the other side, you just got 15 seconds long for an Instagram story post.
Then, how if people want to share and promote their Instagram reel through the Instagram story? Could it be possible to do? Yes, it is possible to post your entire reel into a story. But before we start the guide to get it done, just keep in mind that you still cannot literally post a 60-seconds long reel.
If you want to know how to share full 30 seconds reels on Instagram story Android or iPhone, here are the simple yet effective tutorials to do.
How To Share Full Reels On Instagram Story Directly
If you have an interesting Instagram reel to post in a story, you can just do it easily. Here are the steps you need to do:
- First, open the Instagram app and log in with your active account
- Second, find the Instagram reel you are going to share in the Reels section
- After that, open the chosen reel and tap the Copy link
- Go to the Instagram Reels downloader to download it
- Once you have the Instagram Reels on your phone gallery, you can start to post them on your Instagram story
- Back to Instagram, and when you see the homepage, tap the ‘+’ button
- Then, choose Story
- After that, pick the downloaded Instagram Reels from your gallery
- If you want to add a filter, stickers, or anything, you can do it in this editing section
- Finally, hit the Your Story button to start sharing it
Now, your Instagram reel has already been posted on your Instagram story
However, if your Instagram reel is more than 15 seconds long, it can automatically split into two or more parts. Each part has 15 seconds long. This is the most make sense way to share your full Instagram reels to your story.
By doing this way, you and other users are able to watch the full reel without needing to go to the reels section. Though it’s already segmented.
How To Share Full Reel on Instagram Story on iPhone
The previous tutorial required you to download the Instagram reel first before you post it on a story. It takes more effort, right? But if you are an iPhone user, you can use the easier method. Without further ado, let’s just take a look at the instructions below:
- Firstly, install the Instagram Media Saver app on your Apple device, or you can visit this link
- Second, hit the Add Shortcut button at the bottom of the screen. This shortcut lets you save your Instagram reels instantly to photos on iOS
- Then, go to Instagram and find the Instagram reel you desire to post to the story
- Open the chosen reel and tap the three-dots button
- After that, choose Share to…, and select Instagram Media Saver
- Once you see the pop-up message that said “Shortcuts would like access to Shortcuts”, tap OK
- Grant the necessary permission by choosing Always Allow
- Now, your Instagram reel has been automatically saved to your phone gallery
- Then, you can go to Instagram and add a new story as mentioned in the previous method
- Your Instagram reel will be segmented into two or more parts if it has more than 15 seconds long
How To Post Reels on Instagram Story Without Posting on Feed
Another alternative to posting an Instagram reel to a story is by using the embedded link. It means that you are not supposed to post the reel on the feed or anything else but other platforms. It can be YouTube, Facebook, blog, or anything.
Once you have uploaded the reels on other social media platforms, you can copy the URL and embed it. Then, go to Instagram, make a new story and use the Link features within the stickers button. Paste the link there, and now you’re ready to share the link on your Instagram story
That’s how to share full reels on Instagram story. Though you are still not able to post the reel for more than 15 seconds due to the basic policy of Instagram, this is a worthwhile step.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.