As an Xbox user, you may wonder how to take a long clip on Xbox, right? Thankfully, Xbox allows you to do this action easily and in no time. You don’t need any additional apps as well to help you record your favourite in-game moments.
While playing a game on a console or PC, you won’t always know when the best moment of the game appears. That’s why you need to be always ready to catch it with a bit of effort. Additionally, this article will give you a comprehensive guide on how to record on Xbox one or any version. Here we go!
How To Take A Long Clip On Xbox
Things to keep in mind before you learn to take clips on Xbox is that you can’t capture the game clips using phones or other mobile devices. That means this method is only available for PC or TV. So, without any further ado, let’s just see what you can do.
- To begin with, you can start to start and play your game as usual.
- Then, if there’s a cool moment that appears and you wish to capture it, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- After that, press the X button to record 30 seconds clip. Press the View button if you are going to have a longer clip duration. Additionally, it can be up to 2 minutes.
- Other than that, if you just want to take a screenshot, press the Y button instead of the X button after you hit the Xbox button.
- Finally, you have got a cool screenshot.
How To Record 30 Minutes On Xbox One And Others
Wondering if you can take a clip that is longer than 30 minutes? You definitely can do it. Instead of recording for 2 minutes long, you can record the gameplay for up to 10 minutes or 1 hour.
However, the duration of the recording depends on your available storage space. Here’s how you do that.
- First, start and play your game as usual.
- Second, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Once the guide is open, hit Capture & Share, and select the Start Recording option.
- Then, to end the recording process, press the Xbox button to open the guide again.
- After that, hit the X button, and you are supposed to get a message to notify you that your clip is saved.
- You can go to Recent captures to see your Xbox clips.
Additionally, every Xbox clip you’ve made on consoles will be automatically uploaded to the Xbox network. You’ll get a notification regarding the availability of clips to see and share if you’re using the Xbox mobile app.
However, in case you are annoyed by this, you can change the automatic upload setting by hitting the Xbox button, then go to Profile & System > Settings > Preferences > Captures & Share > Automatically Upload.
How To Record Longer Than 5 Minutes of Xbox Clip on Windows
Aside from capturing the clips from consoles, you can also do it through Windows. However, you need to keep in mind that this is only available for Windows 10/11. You only need an Xbox Game Bar app to do this action. Here are the steps.
- If you are going to take a screenshot of your game using a shortcut, just press the Win button + Alt + PrintScreen simultaneously.
- Press the Win button + Alt + G if you want to start recording the last few moments of the game.
- Then, to change the duration of the clips, hit Settings > Gaming > Captures.
- Find Background recording and you’ll see Record in the background while I’m playing a game and set it to On.
- After that, see under the Record the last option, and select the amount of time you’d like to record.
- Voila! You have succeeded to record your gameplay now.
If you are using Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 11, you can just press the Share button for screenshotting, and hold the Share button for 3 seconds to record. Do the same step to end the recording process.
Eklipse: Another Alternative To Clip The Gameplay
Talking about clipping gameplay, you have a lot of tool options actually. One of the best tools to clip your game moments is Eklipse. Generated with AI, Eklipse can automatically clip the best moment of your game performance.
Other than that, you can also add some editing stuff like adding music background, effects, texts, or anything that can make your video looks interesting. Do you want to try it? Just click the button below to register yourself for free!
Since you have known how to take a long clip on Xbox, now you can obtain many cool things in the game while you’re playing. Be ready to show it all to your friends. Try it out!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.