Who doesn’t know about TikTok in today’s day and age? This video-based social app has become very popular among young people due to its engaging features. You can find unique content on TikTok such as educational videos, skits, dance clips, and music videos. In today’s guide, we will teach you how to make a TikTok video.
TikTok allows content creators to express themselves in a way other platforms can’t. You can easily go viral on TikTok if you play your cards right. It’s not hard to learn to make top-notch TikTok videos.
How to shoot a TikTok video?
The first step is to shoot a TikTok video with your phone. Before we begin the guide, you need to decide whether you want to shoot a video with the TikTok app or upload it from your phone. If you shoot the video with TikTok, you can apply filters and effects before you start recording. This will save you a lot of time.
For instance, let’s say that you are lip-syncing to a song. Recording the video with the required music or sound will be much easier with TikTok. However, if you are shooting multiple clips, you should use your phone’s camera to record all the clips. The reason for that is TikTok’s 60 second time limit. For longer videos, use your phone’s camera to record clips.
Just shoot the clips with your phone’s camera and edit the clips with the TikTok app.
How to make a TikTok video with viral potential?
Here are some tips for making TikTok videos that go viral:
- Keep it concise – It will be helpful if you go straight to the point. Dragging the video longer than it needs to will make people bored.
- Use trending music and songs – More people with watch your video if your video has popular tracks and sounds. This will help you connect with the audience.
- Use trending hashtags – Another thing to do is pick trendings hashtags relevant to your video. This will engage more people
- Make videos on popular topics – Find trends that suit you and jump on the bandwagon. Videos that go viral when they involve something already popular on TikTok and social media.
- Tell people stories – While music videos and vines do get popular on TikTok, you can say the same about stories. People love hearing stories and an engaging story can easily go viral on TikTok.
- Keep the audience engaged by leaving some mystery – Don’t give away everything in just one video! Keep the audience engaged by leaving a bit of mystery. This way, your audience will look forward to your future content.
Making dance videos on TikTok
Dance videos often go viral on TikTok. First, you need to learn a dance move. There are many dance tutorials on TikTok that you can watch. Here’s how you can record a dance video on TikTok:
- Press the “+” button at the bottom of your TikTok app.
- Press the “Add sound” button.
- Search for the sound you want to add in the search bar.
- Press the red check on the sound you wish to add.
- Set your camera at the preferred angle.
- Hit the timer button.
- Choose a countdown depending on your preferred length.
- Start recording.
- Add effects and filters.
- Press the next button and app captions.
- Post it!
Making slow-motion videos on TikTok
Slow Motion videos also have a lot of viral potentials. Here’s how you can make a slow-motion video using TikTok:
- Record your video using the above steps.
- Press the effects button.
- Scroll to the bottom and select time.
- Tap the slow-mo option.
- Using the bar underneath your video, move the slow-mo to the desired location on your video.
- Press save.
- Add more effects if you want.
- Post the video.
Making TikTok videos with several clips
Here’s how you can make TikTok videos with multiple clips:
- Record several clips.
- Add filters, effects, and smooth transitions.
- Post the video!
How to edit your TikTok Video?
Now that you have recorded your video here are some tips for crisp editing:
- Use smooth filters that make your video look aesthetic.
- Add text on the screen to describe your content.
- Create voiceovers.
- Use smooth transitions.
Adding your own sound to your TikTok
If you want your own sounds for your TikTok video, just record a video without adding TikTok sounds. This way, your video’s original sound will become the only sound.
Talking over the sound
If you want your voice to be over the sound, just record a video without an additional sound and add the desired sound after recording. Now you can adjust the volume to ensure your voice is heard over the added sound.
To add transitions in your video, press the transition button and add the transition you want to use in your video.
Adding text in your video
To add text, press the text button at the bottom of the screen. You can also select the duration of the text.
Posting your TikTok video
Now it’s time to publish your TikTok video! Here are some tips to go viral on TikTok:
- Add trendy and relevant hashtags
- Reply to comments
- Share the video on your socials such as Instagram and Facebook. This will boost engagement.
Hi I’m a content writer at Eklipse gaming. I have a passion for gaming and I love writing about it.