Ever wondered how to add timestamp on YouTube video? No worries since you have reached the right place where you can find a comprehensive guide to do it.
Basically, adding timestamps to your YouTube video is necessary. It can help you break up the video into specific sections. This will be very useful for your viewers since they can directly be brought into the part of the video the timestamp is linked for.
In addition, this can offer viewers the option to skip to relevant sections without having to watch the whole video. However, many creators seem unsure of how to add chapters to YouTube video. But you can definitely learn it here. Here we go!
How To Add Timestamp To YouTube Video
Thankfully, YouTube allows you to add YouTube video chapters easily. Only with a couple of clicks, and you’re all set. Here are the steps.
- To begin with, open YouTube in your browser and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, choose the video you want to add the timestamp to.
- Then, head to the editing portion of YouTube creator studio.
- You can then write the timestamp in the video description at the very bottom.
- Simply type in TIMESTAMPS at the bottom of the description, then below the TIMESTAMPS, you can start adding the timestamps in a list format.
- Start the timestamps in a 00:00 format, click space and write a title for that timestamp chapter. Continue the step for the next chapter.
- After finishing adding the timestamps, hit Save.
- Now, the timestamps will automatically link to the time you’ve set for each chapter.
It will take a few minutes until the timestamps appear. Keep in mind that you need to always spare 10 seconds at least between each chapter you’ve created. Other than that, you also need to make at least 3 timestamps to your video.
The Benefit of Adding YouTube Timestamps
As above mentioned, adding chapters to your YouTube video gives viewers more opportunity to directly go to the relevant information they’re looking for conveniently. So, it will keep your viewers staying longer on your video which is good for your viewer growth.
Aside from that, chapters in YouTube videos give you more moments to fit the focus keywords in. As a result, you are able to increase your discoverability as well as your credibility. It’s indeed beneficial for SEO needs. However, the result will not immediately come. It takes some time and process.
Now that you know how to add timestamp to YouTube video, you can enhance the viewers’ experience and optimize focus keywords to make your video become more visible. So, why don’t you give it a shot?
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.