Do you want to know how to share your phone screen while doing a live video on TikTok? Well, you’re in luck because we’re going to teach you how to do it, step by step.
We’ll show you how to get your phone ready, connect with your friends or family, and share your screen with them. It’s perfect for showing off your video games or watching movies and TV shows together.
So, let’s begin!
Step-by-Step to Screen Share On TikTok Live
To be able to screen-sharing your phone on TikTok, you simply need to do the following steps. Keep in mind that you won’t need any additional apps or equipment at all. Everything is available in the native app. Let’s begin.
Step 1: Going Live on TikTok
- First, open the TikTok app and log in to your account.
- Second, tap on the ‘+’ icon to open the camera.
- Hit the Live button next to the recording button.
- See under the Go Live button, and you’ll find mobile gaming option.
- To set up your screen position, choose the Portrait button and you can change to landscape if you want.
Step 2: Setting up Your Screen Share on TikTok
- After that, tap on Settings. You’re able to mute people, enable moderator, and make a Live intro.
- Next up, go to Video Quality and set the quality of your video depending on your internet connection.
- Then, you can tap on the Go Live button.
- There’ll be a pop-up message telling you where you share the screen from, choose TikTok.
- Another pop-up message will appear and ask about the allowance of the comment notification.
- Finally, you’re going to share your screen.
It’s worth noting that the screen-sharing mode will not stop until you go back to the TikTok app and stop the screen-share. Enjoy your streaming moment as you wish. But be careful not to open important apps, like chat or email, or everyone will see your private info.
Other than screen-sharing, you may want to enhance the way your TikTok live look and manage it to attract more viewers.
We recommend you try OBS and see what it can do to your video. Eager to know more? Give our article a read:
Requirements To Go Live On TikTok
Before sharing your phone screen on TikTok, there are several thresholds you’ll need to fulfill. They are exactly the same as when you’re going to go live. The requirements are as follows.
- Having 18,000 followers.
- Applying for Live access, 7 days before you can really get the feature.
- Active live-streaming on an account.
TikTok LIVE: Important Features to Know
Once you qualify for TikTok LIVE, here’s a simple explanation of the key features you can use to make the most of it.
- Go LIVE Together: You and others can go live at the same time, making your live streams more fun and real.
- Q&A: There are tools to help you pick, answer, or show questions from your audience during your live stream.
- Live Events Notifications: If you want to host special events like concerts, you can promote, plan, and control them. Your fans will get notifications before the event, so they won’t miss it.
- Gifts: If you’re 18 or older, viewers can give you gifts or Diamonds during your live stream. You can turn these Diamonds into real money in your PayPal or bank account.
- Keyword Filters: You and your helpers can stop or limit mean and hurtful comments during your live stream using keyword filters. You can add up to 200 words to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable during your live stream and to prevent any hateful speech.
3 Quick Tips for a Successful TikTok LIVE
When you’re doing a live video on TikTok, it’s a good idea to follow these tips for the best results:
- Check Your Internet: Make sure your internet connection is strong and won’t cause your livestream to be choppy. Test it before you start.
- . Plan Ahead: Prepare a rough plan of what you’ll do during your livestream. This helps avoid awkward silences and keeps your viewers engaged. Don’t use a formal script; it’s better to connect with your audience naturally.
- Promote on Other Platforms: Tell your followers on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media about your TikTok Live event. Not everyone follows you on TikTok, so inviting them can make a big difference.
Now that you know how to screen share on TikTok Live, you can start presenting anything from your phone, including a planning board or simply playing your favorite game. Interested to give it a shot?
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Eklipse help streamer improve their social media presence with AI highlights that clip your Twitch / Kick streams automatically & converts them to TikTok / Reels / Shorts
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.