TikTok Live is an exciting feature that allows content creators to engage with their audience in real-time. But do you know the latest TikTok live streaming rules?
Every TikTok creator must know and understand the TikTok live streaming rules to achieve the best benefit of TikTok Live. But don’t worry if you haven’t learned about them yet, because we have summarized the latest TikTok live streaming rules here for you. Let’s check them out!
TikTok Live Streaming Rules and Qualification
To qualify for TikTok Live, you need to meet certain criteria, such as:
- Have at least 1,000 followers – This ensures that you have a substantial audience to engage with during your live streams.
- Over the age of 16 – If you are over 18, you also have the opportunity to earn TikTok Live Gifts, which can be converted into real currency.
Each TikTok Live gift has a different meaning and worth. You can learn more about the types of TikTok Live gifts here: TikTok Universe Gift Price Explained
7 New TikTok Live Streaming Rules – Creators Must Know
There are 7 new TikTok live streaming rule updates that every creator must know. Here they are:
1. Restrictions and Limitations for TikTok Live
While TikTok Live presents an incredible opportunity for content creators, there are certain restrictions and limitations that users should be aware of. These include:
- Follower Count: If your follower count drops below 1,000, you will lose access to TikTok Live.
- Geographical Limitations: TikTok Live is not available in certain countries, including China, India, and Hong Kong, where TikTok has been banned.
- Outdated App: Ensure that you have the latest version of the TikTok app installed on your device. If you are experiencing issues accessing TikTok Live, check for updates, uninstall the app, and restart your phone to troubleshoot any technical problems.
Note: To report Live issues, go to ‘Settings and privacy‘ on your profile and provide a detailed description of the problem.
2. TikTok Live Bans: Temporary and Permanent
In certain instances, users may face temporary or permanent bans from accessing TikTok Live.
Temporary bans typically last between one day and two weeks. You can check your ban status in the ‘Livestream Restrictions‘. Once the ban period is over, you regain access to TikTok Live with the same privileges as before.
However, more serious offenses can result in a permanent ban, which prohibits you from using TikTok Live indefinitely. Permanent bans are typically issued for severe violations of TikTok’s community guidelines and terms of service.
- You can reach out to TikTok through the ‘Report a problem‘ section, specifically selecting ‘LIVE‘ and providing a detailed explanation of your situation if you believe you have been unfairly banned.
- It is essential to adhere to TikTok’s guidelines and maintain a positive and respectful presence on the platform to avoid any bans or restrictions.
3. Common Reasons for TikTok Live Bans
TikTok Live bans are typically issued for various reasons, including:
- Threatening Practices: Broadcasting content that involves weapons, illegal substances, or any form of harm falls under threatening practices.
- Hate Speech: Engaging in hate speech against individuals or communities.
- Plagiarized Content: Broadcasting content that is plagiarized, whether in its entirety or partially.
- Overuse of Profanity: Excessive use of profanity during broadcasts.
- Other Violations: Any behavior that violates TikTok’s community guidelines or terms of service can lead to bans or restrictions.
4. Avoid Using TikTok Live View Bots
Using TikTok live view bots, which are third-party services that artificially inflate your live views, is strongly discouraged. Using them requires payment and may lead to a ban if caught.
Furthermore, the views generated by these bots do not contribute to genuine engagement, and a high number of views without corresponding comments can appear suspicious.
It is better to grow your audience organically to achieve the best profit. You can also take a look at our extra tips for enlarging your TikTok viewers here: 5 Tips to Grow TikTok Followers: Creators Must-Know
5. Introducing TikTok Live Studio
TikTok Live Studio is a Windows-only program designed specifically for content creators who want to stream their content directly to TikTok Live from their desktop or gaming console.
Currently, TikTok Live Studio is only available to a limited number of users worldwide. However, it is anticipated that this feature will be rolled out more widely in the future to compete with other live-streaming platforms like Twitch.
6. Explore TikTok Live Weekly Rankings
TikTok Live offers a feature called “Weekly Rankings,” which showcases the most popular TikTok Live streamers of the week. The rankings are based on the number of Diamonds that creators have accumulated during their live streams. The top 20 creators in the rankings are awarded prizes by TikTok.
However, if you prefer not to participate in the Weekly Rankings, you can opt out by accessing the ‘LIVE Screen‘ > ‘Settings‘ > ‘Rankings‘ > select the ‘Opt-Out‘ option in the ‘Admin Settings‘.
7. Engage in TikTok Live Campaigns
The last TikTok live streaming rules is for the TikTok Live Campaigns. Live Campaign is the promotional initiatives organized by TikTok themselves. These campaigns often involve user tasks, leaderboards, and interactive elements, fostering engagement and community participation.
Participating creators can earn rewards and prizes, while also gaining exposure and growing their following. TikTok Live Campaigns are prominently displayed as banners on the main LIVE page. If you prefer not to participate in a campaign, simply click the ‘Opt-Out‘ button at the top of the campaign page to exclude yourself.
More on Eklipse Blog >> 5 Tips to Master the TikTok Algorithm
How to Access TikTok Live
Accessing TikTok Live is a straightforward process. Follow these simple steps to start live streaming:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap the create button (+) at the bottom of your screen.
- Select ‘LIVE‘ from the menu options.
- You will see a preview of your video feed. In this preview, you can title your live stream, turn comments on or off, add effects and filters, choose a charity to support, and share your TikTok Live video through your connected social media platforms.
- Once you are ready, hit ‘Go LIVE‘ and start engaging with your audience.
When you are finished with your TikTok Live video, simply hit the power button at the bottom of the menu screen to end the stream.
If you wish to replay, download, or delete your TikTok Live video, you can do so by clicking on ‘Settings and privacy‘, then ‘LIVE Replay‘.
More on Eklipse Blog >> How To Screen Share TikTok Live: An Ultimate Guide
TikTok Live offers an exciting opportunity for content creators to engage with their audience in real-time. Now that you have a comprehensive understanding of TikTok Live streaming rules, it’s time to start creating captivating content and connecting with your audience like never before!
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Eklipse help streamer improve their social media presence with AI highlights that clip your Twitch / Kick streams automatically & converts them to TikTok / Reels / Shorts
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends