Streaming has revolutionized content creators’ connection with their audience, allowing real-time engagement. Adding chat to OBS is a popular method to foster interactions, create inside jokes, and form lasting bonds.
How to Add Twitch Chat to OBS
You need to use 3rd party extension to add Twitch Chat to OBS. One of the most known extension used by many Twitch streamer is Streamlabs. Here are the step-by-step instruction to do that:
- Visit the Streamlabs website.
- Log in with your Twitch account.
- Access the All Widgets section and click on Chat Box.
- Hit the “Copy” button on the “Widget URL” section
- You can customize the looks of your Twitch chat overlay by tweaking all the settings below the “Widget URL” section
- Copy the Widget URL (remember to keep it private).
- Open OBS
- Add a Browser Source under Sources.
- You can rename the source as Twitch Chat Box and click OK.
- Paste the copied Chat URL and click OK to save.
- Adjust the width and height for the desired layout.
- Start streaming to showcase your show with an embedded chat window.
Adding YouTube Live Chat to OBS
Adding the live chat feature into your OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) setup is essential. With YouTube Live Chat, you can establish real-time interaction with your audience, fostering a dynamic and engaging streaming environment.
Here are the steps to do that, assuming that you are already logged in with your Google account:
- Open a browser and navigate to YouTube.
- Click on the camcorder icon with a “+” sign in the top right corner, then select “Go Live.”
- In the top right corner’s three dots menu, choose “Popout Chat.”
- Copy the URL of the pop-up chat window.
- Launch OBS and add a “Browser Source” under “Sources.”
- Rename the source as “YouTube Chat Box” and click OK.
- Paste the copied Chat URL and save by clicking OK.
- Adjust the dimensions of the chat box for the desired layout.
- Start streaming and enjoy your show with an embedded chat window.
How to Make YouTube Chat Transparent on OBS
If you want to have a transparent YouTube chat on OBS, you can use a custom CSS that is auto-generated by a tool.
Here’s how to make YouTube chat transparent on OBS:
- Go to chatv2.septapus.com.
- Customize the desired chat appearance.
- Scroll to the “CSS” section, select all (Ctrl + A or CMD + A), and then copy the code.
- Open OBS, double-click on the “YouTube Chat Box” browser source.
- Go to the “Custom CSS” section, paste the code, and click OK.
And voila! It’s done! You’ll have a transparent YouTube chat on OBS.
Adding Facebook Gaming Chat to OBS
- Access your Facebook Like Page.
- Navigate to the Meta Business Suite on the page’s left-hand side.
- Choose “Go Live” from the More menu.
- Enable the test broadcast button, then click Select to start a live broadcast. This button allows you to check your configuration before going live.
- Select “Comments” from the Settings menu.
- Open the comments module separately.
- Copy the URL from the new Comments tab.
- Launch OBS.
- In your chosen scene, add a Browser source named “Facebook Chat” in the Sources.
- Replace the URL with the Chat URL.
- Log in to your Facebook account using the Browser window in OBS. Click the Interact button above Sources and enter your login details.
- The chat window is now ready to be used. Remember to refresh your URL comments Browser source every time you start a live session. You’re all set!
You can do it easily by following step-by-step instructions above to engage with your viewers.
Before You Go
Speaking of increasing viewer engagement and growing your audience content, have you heard about Eklipse?
Eklispe is an innovative AI highlight generator that can boost your social media presence using the “convert to TikTok” tool. You can effortlessly grow your following by automatically clipping your live stream content and transforming it into captivating TikTok videos.
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.