Fun, short-form videos displayed in a vertical format for an endless, scrollable feed; Reels are Instagram’s answer to Tik Tok. In fact, Reels on Instagram are quickly becoming the perfect opportunity for a creator to extend their reach, engagement, and audience! Learn how to make Reels on Instagram with photos and up your social media game!
These 15 to 60 second clips are often set to trending music with the appropriate filters, and text. However, what sets Reels apart is the fact that they appear to casual users based on their interests; thus making it a great way to reach new, relevant audiences.
After all this, you must be wondering, “Can I make a Reel with photos?” Perhaps you want to share a collage or two from your latest trip or a montage of your favorite moments! Well, the answer is yes and we’ll show you how with these easy to follow steps!
Directly Adding to Reels
Thanks to Instagram’s latest update, you can now add pictures directly to Instagram Reels itself.
- Begin by launching the app and heading to the Reels screen.
- Tap on the Gallery icon in the bottom left corner.
- To select multiple photos, tap on the Select Multiple icon. If the icon isn’t available, touch and hold any of the photos to manually select them.
- Once you’ve selected your photos, you can adjust the length of the video as well as adjust the length of individual photos, too.
- Add your finishing touches such as music, text, or filters and voila!
Looking for a way to add text to your Reels? Check out our post by clicking this link: How To Create Instagram Reels With Text For Beginners
Using Instagram Story
Alternatively, you can also create Reels by opening the Instagram stories camera. The process is similar to directly adding to Reels, save for a few swapping of steps.
- Start by swiping to open the Instagram stories camera.
- Swipe and choose the Reels to begin.
- From the options on the left-hand side panel, tap Audio. You’ll be directed to Instagram’s library where you’ll be able to see top trending audio right at the beginning. Alternatively, you can also search for specific audio using the search bar.
- Once you’ve picked your audio of choice, you can drag the slider to choose the section of the track you want for your video.
- To add photos to your Reels, tap the plus (+) button on the bottom left and select a picture. Next, drag the slider to increase or decrease the photo’s duration according to your preference.
- You can also use the Add option to add more pictures; you can add a maximum of 10 images to the slideshow.
- You can preview the newly created slideshow video and once satisfied, you can add text, stickers and other effects to your video. You’ll find all these options on the top panel of Instagram’s editor.
- Tap Next to share the Reel and remember, don’t forget to add a cover image, caption, and hashtags before you hit Share!
With this knowledge on how to create Reels on Instagram with photos, you can raise the bar on your content creation! For more tips and tricks when it comes to Instagram, check out the differences between Reels and Stories and other troubleshooting!