Live Photos are a great way to capture the moments just before and after a photo is taken. They can be used to create fun and engaging videos for TikTok, but unfortunately, Live Photos aren’t directly compatible with TikTok.
In this article, we’ll show you how to easily turn your Live Photos into TikTok videos in just a few steps. We’ll provide you with a detailed guide on how to transform your Live Photos into captivating videos, as well as demonstrate how to seamlessly incorporate them into the popular social media platform TikTok. Let’s dive in and explore these exciting possibilities!
What is a live picture?
Social media and social entertainment platform apps like Tiktok are flooding with many upcoming features nowadays. These new additions can add immense flavor and make these platforms more enjoyable to use.
Live photos feature is also a recent and very interesting feature and it is quite fun to use. These live photos record for 3 seconds in total, with one and a half seconds recorded both before and after the shutter click.
To see the live photo, you just press and hold it. You would probably think it’s a video but actually, it is a High-Efficiency Image File ( HEIF ) format. The file chooses one picture as a lead image and it will show only that image when you share it but what if you want to send the whole sequence or you want to send it as a GIF? Among many other queries, users find it hard to convert a live picture into a video.
How to turn a live picture into a video?
When you take a live photo, you may want to share it with your friends and family. However, live photos don’t always share as high-quality videos, that is why you often need to save a live photo as a video file before sharing it.
This feature previously needed third party applications to perform this action . Though, Apple made this changeover even effortless with the release of IOS 13 in 2019. Now no external app is required to do this.
Here’s a simple four step guide for you to convert your live photos into videos!
- Open your Tiktok App and select your live photo:
Simply open your Tiktok App on your mobile device and choose any live photo from your search feed that you want to convert into a video file.
- Click the option of share on your live photo:
Second step is quite easy. You just have to click the share button at the bottom left of your mobile screen indicated by a curved arrow. Isn’t it easy?
- Tap the option” Save as a video” :
After you press the share option, you will be given many choices . Scroll down to the bottom and choose save as video and boom! Your live photo has been converted into a video now. Super easy right?
- Return back to your gallery
In this final step, just Go back to your mobile’s photos App, and scroll down to most recent image in your phone. Your live photo will now reappear as a video file. From there, you can now share it wherever you want to. And now, you can also share it as GIF.
How to combine multiple Live Photos into a single video clip
With iOS 16, you can also combine multiple Live Photos into a single video clip, effectively creating a montage of your Live Photos. You don’t need to use third-party app to combine multiple Live Photos into a single video clip. Here’s how:
- Open the Photos app and select the Live Photos you want to combine.
- Tap on the “Share” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Save as Video”.
- A new window will appear with the option to “Save as Single Video”. Tap on this option to combine the Live Photos into a single video clip.
Adding Live Photos to Your TikTok Video
Now that you have your live photos ready, it’s time to add them to your TikTok video. Here’s how to do it:
- Open TikTok and tap the plus sign to create a new video.
- Record or upload your video footage as you normally would.
- Tap the “Effects” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the “Live Photo” option and select it.
- Choose the live photo you want to use and adjust its placement and size on the video frame.
- You can add as many live photos as you want to your video, and even adjust their duration and placement to create a more dynamic and engaging video.
- Integrating Live Photos into Your TikTok Video Seamlessly and Creatively:
While adding live photos to your TikTok videos can be a great way to add extra interest and engagement, it’s important to do it in a seamless and creative way. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use live photos that are relevant to your video’s theme or message. This will make your video more cohesive and engaging.
- Consider using live photos as a transition between different parts of your video, or to emphasize certain moments or actions.
- Play with the timing of your live photos – for example, you can slow them down or speed them up to create a more dynamic effect.
- Experiment with different placements and sizes for your live photos. Try overlaying them on top of your video footage, or positioning them in a way that creates a unique visual effect.
- Remember to keep your live photos in line with your overall TikTok aesthetic and style
Tips on How to Edit a Live Photo
Do you want to create stunning content? If so, make sure to follow these tips on how to edit a great live photo:
1. Trim Video Clips
Trim video clips to remove unwanted parts from your live photo. Click on the video clip, then the scissors icon, and adjust the video buffers to make it shorter or longer.
2. Add Transitions
Choose video transitions under the “Design” icon and “VIDEO SETTINGS” tab for a polished look.
3. Add Text for Better Engagement
Enhance your video by adding text. Click on “Add text,” drag it to the perfect spot, choose a standout color, and match the font as you like.
4. Apply Filters for Cohesiveness
Make your clips more cohesive with video filters. Click on the “Design” tab, go to the “Filter” section, and select a filter that aligns with your brand.
5. Add Music for Emotion
Want to gain more engagement? Add some viral songs as music background for your video!
6. Add Voice-Over for Connection
Stand out and connect with your audience by recording and adding a voice-over track.
7. Add Compelling CTA
Ensure your video is actionable by adding a bold and clear call to action at the end using a text box.
8. Choose Correct Aspect Ratio
Last but not least, optimize your content for different platforms by selecting the appropriate aspect ratio. For example:
- Square 1:1 for Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Landscape 16:9 for YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Vertical 9:16 for Facebook, Reels, TikTok, and Instagram Stories
Following these four easy steps will solve your all problems regarding live photos and will make your experience of sharing live photos with your near ones more simple, smooth, and way more interesting! We hope you understand how to turn your live picture into a video.
You also can use our tool, Eklipse, to create your gaming highlights into short videos for your TikTok. It’s free and easy to use too. Stay tuned to our blog for more tiktok related content and check our amazing feature for tiktok as well. Happy Streaming!
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.