Stepping away from social media, including TikTok is sometimes necessary to make your life healthier. You can choose to get away permanently or just for a temporary time. But whichever your choice will be, you can learn how to delete TikTok account through this article.
Well, removing your TikTok account is relatively easy to do. Moreover, it can be done both from a phone or a PC. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the tutorial.
How to Delete TikTok Account on iPhone or Android
The common method to remove your TikTok account is using your phone. To do so, you should follow the instruction below.
- First of all, open the TikTok app and log in with your account.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to your Profile by hitting your profile icon.
- Then, tap the three lines in the top right corner.
- You should see the Privacy and Settings page.
- After that, navigate to Manage account and hit Delete Account.
- There will be a popup message asking why you’re leaving TikTok. You can select an option or skip them by tapping on the Skip button in the top right corner.
- Next, TikTok will ask you if you want to download your data before removing your account.
- If you want to save the data, tap the acknowledgement at the bottom and TikTok will back up your TikTok data.
- Tap the continue button on the next page for verifying your choice.
Finally, for confirming to the last decision, tap the Delete account button, and say bye to your account.
How to Delete TikTok Account on Computer or Laptop
Alternatively, you can delete your TikTok account as well through a PC or laptop. The steps are basically similar to the phone’s methods. Here’s how to do it.
- On your computer, open any browser and open the TikTok web.
- Then, hover over your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, click on Settings and hit Manage Account.
- Under the Account control, click the Delete button and follow the process which is exactly the same as the phone method.
How to Back Up Your TikTok Data
Although you have decided to delete your account entirely and permanently, you may want to save some little pieces of your TikTok data just for your archive. Thankfully, it’s very possible to do. Here’s how you can do it.
- To begin with, open the TikTok mobile app and log in with your account.
- Then, go to your profile and hit the three lines icon to open the Settings and Privacy section.
- Choose the Privacy option and hit Download your data.
- It will take a few days before your data is ready to download.
- Once your file has been created, you can hit Download your data.
Additionally, the data you’d like to back up includes profile info, video and comment history, and settings info. However, it doesn’t include your videos. If you want to save your TikTok videos, you’ll have to download them manually.
So, that’s all about how to delete TikTok account on a phone or a PC. It’s worth noting that TikTok will give you 30 days if you want to reactivate your account. This is only if you want to deactivate your account for a temporary time. However, if you don’t reactivate your account for more than 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.