Video captions sometimes can be useful to explain what’s on the video if the audio isn’t enough. However, it could be annoying as well since it could block portions of the video. Therefore, you might need to know how to turn off captions on TikTok.
Well, thankfully the TikTok app enables you to turn on and off the caption without extra effort. Keep reading to know more about this.
How to Turn Off Captions on TikTok Directly
Did you know that to turn off the caption on your TikTok video, you will only need a few steps to do? Let’s take a look at the instructions below.
- Start over by logging in to your TikTok account.
- Then, select any TikTok video you would like to watch.
- Tap on the caption until a Hide Caption tab appears.
- After that, hit the Hide Caption tab.
- Voila! The caption has now gone and you can watch a whole video.
How to Turn Off Captions on TikTok Android or iPhone Through Settings
Some users might not be able to turn off the captions on the video directly. If that’s the case, the only thing you can do is turn them off through the app’s settings. But the thing to take note, this method will turn off captions across all videos in the app, not only on the particular video you’re watching. Here’s how.
- First of all, hit the Profile icon to go to your profile page on TikTok.
- Second, navigate to the Menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings and privacy.
- Then, under the Content & Activity option, tap on Accessibility.
- Finally, toggle off the Always show captions option.
There you have it. Now, you can say bye to the captions on each video you are watching. Aside from that, you can still know if a video has a caption by the rectangle on the video.
Now that you have known how to turn off captions on TikTok, you can get rid of them whenever you want. Additionally, to turn the caption on, do the same steps but toggle on the caption option instead.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.