Enjoying TikTok videos is undoubtedly addictive and it takes hours to really stop it. But staring in front of a blinding white screen for a long time could make your eyes feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, TikTok dark mode enables you to prevent that from ever happening again. Therefore, you need to learn how to turn on dark mode on TikTok.
Currently, TikTok dark mode is only available for the latest version of iOS. But Android users shouldn’t worry about that, since you still can turn the mode on using our tips here.
Well, to cover TikTok users’ confusion about how to turn TikTok into dark mode, take a look at the tutorial below.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on TikTok Through iPhone
To enable the dark mode on an iPhone is actually easy. You can either use the in-app switch to turn the dark mode on or use system settings on your iPhone. Here’s how.
- To begin with, open the TikTok app on your device and log in with your account.
- Then, tap on the profile icon on the right bottom side of the screen.
- Once you’ve seen your profile page, hit the three lines icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Under the Content & Activity section, navigate to the Dark Mode option.
- After that, you’ll see the appearance options.
- Select the Dark option and your interface will immediately switch into dark mode.
Additionally, you can also turn on the dark mode using iPhone system settings. Once you enable it, TikTok’s interface will alternate between light and dark modes according to your phone’s appearance settings. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- First, open the Settings app and hit the Display & Brightness option.
- In the Appearance section, there will be Light and Dark options.
- Then, tap the Dark option to enable it.
- Alternatively, you can swipe down your screen from the top corner to open the Control Center menu.
- After that, tap and hold the Brightness control button.
- You’ll see the appearance mode button and tap on the Dark mode to switch your screen into dark mode.
How to Turn On TikTok Dark Mode Android
All Android users now can assemble. Though TikTok on Android isn’t supported with an in-app dark mode like on iPhone, there’s still a way to make it happen. Just do the following step by step.
- Start over by heading to the Settings app.
- After that, select Accessibility.
- Then, under Display, turn on the Dark theme.
- Voila! Your TikTok interface will turn into dark according to your system UI now.
There you have it. Now that you have known how to turn on dark mode on TikTok, you can spend more time enjoying TikTok dance trends, or other interesting content without having a strain on your eyes. Happy TikToking!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.