Since Join Combo has announced its permanent shutdown, you might consider transitioning to a different application or software for creating TikToks, Shorts, or Reels from your Twitch. Fortunately, we have some free COMBO Clip Alternatives for you to consider this year.
COMBO Twitch Clips is a game-changing software that enables you to effortlessly convert Twitch clips to TikTok. COMBO also gives you the freedom to unleash your creativity by layering videos, adding stickers and filters, and more. While it is a useful tool, it does have its limitations that can be overcome by exploring other software options.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the other best Twitch clip editors and observe the pros and cons of each of them. Here we go!
What is Combo?
Combo was a popular video editing tool that allowed users to create engaging clips from their gameplay footage. It used artificial intelligence to analyze the video and automatically select the best moments, add effects, music, and captions. Users could also customize their clips with various templates, filters, and stickers.
However, in December 2023, Combo announced that it was shutting down its service due to financial difficulties. This left many users disappointed and looking for alternatives to continue making their gaming videos.
Fortunately, several other tools offer similar or even better features than Combo which we’ll talk about below:
1. Eklipse: One of The Best COMBO Clip Alternatives
Are you looking for a tool to convert Twitch clips into a TikTok video conveniently? If that’s the case, Eklipse could be your best pick. Eklipse is an AI-powered clip maker that can capture the most amazing moments of your stream videos and even transform them into TikTok/reels/YouTube Shorts format in seconds.
But that’s not all, Eklipse offers an intuitive interface, making it more friendly for beginners to use.
All you need is to sign up to Eklipse for free and connect it to your Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, or Discord. After that, the AI will automatically load all your streams and process them into a short-form video.
Alternatively, you can even import any existing files from the local device or simply copy-paste the URL link of the video you want to edit, and boom! Everything will be ready in a blink of an eye. Want to spice up your clip?
No worries, Eklipse provides a wide range of templates you can choose from. Other than that, you can also add a channel name, auto-caption, and catchy soundtrack to your video.
So what are you waiting for? Try Eklipse now and be amazed by its incredible features!
More on Eklipse Blog>>> Eklipse New Feature Updates: Now Supports French for Dashboard and Auto-Caption!
- Auto Edit (just like Join Combo!)
- Friendly interface
- Easy and FREE to use
- Excellent features
- Supports many popular games
- Captures the most iconic moment of the gameplay precisely
- A wide range of templates and music
- Offers automatic service
- Enables to convert clip to TikTok/Reels/Shorts
- Cloud-based storage
- Produce high-resolution video
- Provides Premium Editing feature to save more time
- Offers mobile-app version
- The paid version price is pretty reasonable
- AI is not fully equipped for all games
2. Kapwing: A Must-Try App of COMBO Clip Alternatives
Kapwing is another best combo clip alternative, especially for Twitch converter and editor. It not only comes with a friendly interface, but Kapwing also features any tools you may need to make your videos look more appealing.
All you need to do is sign up for free and then just do a drag and drop of your Twitch clips to the editing studio. Just like Eklipse, if you want a more convenient way to upload the files, you can copy the URL video, and paste it there. Or, you can also take the file you’ve uploaded in Google Drive or Google Photos.
For a beginner, you’d like the free option. No need for a dollar, and you will still be able to obtain 3 video exports a month. Meanwhile, if you need to try other premium tools or join a team, you’ll only spend $16. That’s interesting, right? However, if you are a newbie in the editing field, you might need to put more effort into using this app since it doesn’t offer an automatic clipping and editing process like Eklipse does.
Read our article about Eklipse vs Kapwing to see which one can serve you better as a Combo clip alternative to TikTok/Shorts/Reels.
More on Eklipse Blog>>> Best Free Fortnite Montage Editors to Showcase Your Epic Plays in 2024
- Offers intuitive interface
- Provides complete editing features
- Enables users to import files or drop the URL link
- Doesn’t offer an instant sharing feature
- Focus on the manual editing process
- The paid version is sort of pricey
More on Eklipse Blog>>> 5 Best Opus Clip Alternatives for Streamers and Content Creators
Next, we have Filmora. Coming with four modes, Filmora become one of the best tools you can’t miss. There are Full Feature Mode, Instant Cutter Mode, Easy Mode, and Action Cam Tool. Each mode has different interfaces and features.
Additionally, you’d like to use this tool due to its friendly interface without confusion. Just drag and drop your files, and then start your editing experience. Furthermore, Filmora has a light work system, which won’t take up much space on your device.
However, unlike Kapwing where all you need to do is head to the website, Filmora requires you to launch it on your device to be able to operate it. But don’t worry, it’s all free!
- Comes with simple interface
- Offers great amazing basic and intermediate features
- Supports screen recording
- Provides variety of video format
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t come with advanced editing tools
- The free version leaves a watermark
- The paid version is expensive
- Frequent lagging
More on Eklipse Blog>>> Eklipse vs JoinCombo: Which Clip Maker Software Reigns Supreme?
If you want an automatic clip maker Twitch like Eklipse or Streamladder, Crossclip is the best answer. Crossclip is widely known as one of Stream ladder alternatives since it requires a Streamladder account to use the service.
Since it’s a web-based tool, you can operate Crossclip either from a PC or mobile phone for free! You only need to upload the existing video you want to edit or import the streaming clip directly from your Twitch account.
Once your Twitch video is ready, you can start to play with the tool within Crossclip to make nice and beautiful changes. Moreover, Crossclip allows you to share the streaming to other platforms easily.
- Converts Twitch/YouTube clips to Tiktok/Reels/Shorts
- Free to Use
- Exclusive for Mobile
- Fast Conversion
- Not ideal for Desktop users
- Needs Streamlabs account to use it
- Needs a Mobile app for sharing
- No trial version
- Limited editing features
- No Premium
More on Eklipse Blog>>> How to Edit Twitch Clips to YouTube Shorts in 5 Steps
Wondering if you can convert your Twitch clips into a more portable form? You can try Streamladder, which is ready with its amazing services to help you convert Twitch clips for free. It’s another web-based editing tool that requires a few clicks for you to get nice clips instantly.
Just have the URL of your clips, enter it in a certain box on the website, and that’s it. On top of that, the templates will be more helpful if you feel like you have no skill to personalize the video. Just try this Twitch clip editor now.
- No watermark for both free or paid version
- Easy to use
- Converts unlimited videos
- Enables users to generate TikTok content in seconds
- The Plus version is still affordable
- Requires to sign up to access the Plus version
- Extra features available in the Plus version
More on Eklipse Blog>>> 8 Best Streamladder Alternatives for Streamers (2024)
6. Adobe Premiere Pro: The Most Advance Software of All COMBO Clip Alternatives
Think that you’re a master of editing video and need a more advanced tool to make a sophisticated clip? Adobe Premiere Pro will be a tool you cannot deny. As everyone knows, this app is a powerful tool where you can find anything you need.
You’d be able to edit the video faster and perfectly using this tool. However, it’s not an online video editor, you have to download and install it on your device instead. In addition to that, Adobe Premiere Pro also features a pricing list you can choose from based on your need.
- Simple yet great interface
- Offers multiple file formats
- Provides complete and amazing features
- Allows user to edit video and audio
- Allows software integration
- Bit complex, especially for beginners
- Needs high computer specs to download
- High RAM usage
For Twitch streamers looking for an alternative to JoinCombo, Clipbot.tv presents an interesting option. Clipbot focuses specifically on automating the process of uploading your Twitch clips to TikTok and YouTube Shorts, aiming to help you grow your audience on these platforms while you focus on what you do best:
- Simple and automated: Set it up once and let Clipbot automatically upload your best Twitch clips to TikTok and YouTube Shorts.
- Focus on mobile-friendly content: Tailored for short-form video platforms like TikTok and YouTube Shorts, which are popular with mobile viewers.
- Filtering and cropping options: Select which clips get uploaded based on views or manually choose your favorites. You can also easily crop clips for optimal mobile viewing.
- Growing audience potential: Reach new viewers on TikTok and YouTube who might not watch your full Twitch streams.
- Freemium model: Get started with essential features for free, with paid plans offering more advanced options.
- Limited platform options: Focuses solely on TikTok and YouTube Shorts.
- Branding on free plan: Free plan clips have a Clipbot watermark.
- Limited customization
- Newer service
More on Eklipse Blog>>> Combo Clip Software Guide: A Comprehensive Review 2023
So that’s all the Joincombo Clip alternatives you can pick from. Based on the list above, which one do you want to try most? Other than that, which one do you prefer? The web-based tool or the ones that are required to launch? Leave your comment below!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.