Many of the 1.5 million Valorant monthly active players are undoubtedly looking for a way how to play Valorant on Macbook. It’s because currently, Valorant, one of the most popular FPS games, is only playable on Windows.
Although another Riot Games’ game, League of Legends is already available on Mac, Valorant is still out of reach. The Riot Games’ Senior Software Engineer stressed that there’s still no current plan for Valorant to support Mac OS. That’s pretty frustrating, though.
But don’t worry about it as our today’s article will explain how to download and play this game on Mac OS devices. Read on below!
Requirements To Install BootCamp on Mac
Before you start downloading and installing the BootCamp software, make sure you have checked all the boxes of the following requirements.
- Be sure that your Mac has an Intel processor (MacBook from 2015 or newer, MacBook Air/Pro 2012 or later, iMac Pro, Mac Mini from 2012 or later, Mac Pro from 2013 or later, and iMac 2012 or later).
- The computer must have 64 GB or more free space for a smoother experience.
- Have a 64- bit version.
- The external USB Drive has 16GB of free storage space.
How to Play Valorant on Macbook
Since Valorant is accessible on Windows, you need additional software that allows you to run the Windows OS on Mac side by side. Thanks to Boot Camp that is able to make it achievable. Just install it on your Mac device freely. Follow the steps below.
Step 1. Downloading Windows ISO and Boot Camp Software
- First of all, go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows ISO file.
- Once you’ve downloaded it, head to Finder and click the Applications option.
- Then, browse and open Utilities.
- Open BootCamp Assistant and click Continue.
- After that, click the Choose button next to the ISO image box.
- Go to the folder where you’ve saved the Windows ISO file, then click Open.
Step 2. Create Partition for Windows on Mac
- Allocate storage for partition by dragging the slider under the “Machintosh HD will be partitioned as” option.
- Next up, click the Install button at the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Then, the Task status will show you the installation progress. Once it’s prompted, enter the device password and hit OK.
- After that, your Mac will restart and start the Windows Installation.
Step 3. Installing Windows
- Once your device is restarted, click on the Use Express Settings.
- Set up the Windows account and hit Next.
- The BootCamp installer will automatically run.
- Then, follow the rest of the instructions.
- After the installation process is done, your device will restart again.
- Finally, you can install Valorant on your Windows OS.
In addition, make sure you create a Riot account since you’ll need it to play. Are you ready to play Valorant on your Mac now?
There you have it. Now that you have known how to play Valorant on Macbook, you can start enjoying the game now. Hopefully, you had no issues while using BootCamp Valorant and installing Windows on your Mac so that you can play the game without any problem. Apart from that, Valorant is going to be available on the mobile version as well. Give it a shot once it’s released.
Don’t forget to record your gameplay during playing to preserve your best action. In case you have a PC with low-end capacity instead of a MacBook, you can still learn how to record Valorant in that low-pc through our previous post.
Once done, create and share the highlight clips with your friends. Say hi to Eklipse, an AI-generated tool that enables you to create incredible clips and montages in seconds. Stay tuned to our blog to find out more about Eklipse and other information. Have fun!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.