Fortnite is a multiplayer game in which more than one person plays the game to build islands or complete other tasks. Nowadays, most people who have Chromebook would want to play Fortnite but we all know that Chrome OS and Linux didn’t support EpicGames. But there are ways around to deal with this issue. Here we will discuss some brilliant yet effective ways how to play Fortnite on school Chromebook.
Google has managed to establish itself as a giant not just in the web, smartphone, and software business, but also in the laptop industry. Chrome OS is the result of Google combining all of its popular computational data. The computer behemoth has analyzed people’s tendencies and created an operating system that is disjointed but packed with some very enjoyable and smart features.
Learn how to play Fortnite on school Chromebook
Chromebooks do not require high-end software or hardware to function correctly because Chrome OS is light on resources. Chromebooks are usually less expensive than other laptops. It does not mean that you can’t play Fortnite on your school Chromebook. Here we will describe in detail the most common ways we know of how to play Fortnite on school Chromebook,
Option 1: Play Fortnite by Sideloading Android app on Chromebook
Though, sideloading the Epic Games installer and Fortnite on some Chromebooks is possible, it is a time-consuming process and it is incompatible with the majority of Chromebooks. This procedure starts by enabling the developer mode of your Chromebook. However, Chrome OS has developed a site where you can check whether your Chromebook has a physical developer mode or not.
Actually, these devices allow the installation of approved apps or games. When you enable the developer mode, you get better access to your device control. But as a consequence, the Chromebook loses all the inbuilt security features.
To Activate Developer Mode:
- To enable the developer mode, do this while the Chromebook is turned off: press the Esc-Refresh buttons while holding down the power button.
- Press Ctrl+D when the screen that states “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” appears.
Steps To Enable Google Play store:
If your Chromebook supports Android apps, it should have the Play Store in its app drawer. If you’re not seeing it straight away, you must first enable it.
- Go to settings
- Go to Apps
- Toggle or turn on the google play store option
Guide on How to Install Fortnite on Chromebook:
Before you start the procedure, you need to have EpicGamesApp.apk on your USB or an android phone. Upon enabling the “unknown sources”, you will be able to run the Fortnite game on your Chromebook.
Now, you navigate to the google play store:
- Click on Manage Android Preferences.
- Tap on the Security tab.
A new window then will open.
- Choose the Unknown Sources tab.
- Run EpicGamesApp.apk file on your Chromebook.
- A screen will pop up, now click on Package Installer.
- On the confirmation screen click on the Install button.
- After installing the app successfully, a screen will appear with the Fortnite game.
- Follow the Installation instructions and all done!
You can now play Fortnite from your school Chromebook.
Here is another method that shows how to play Fortnite on a school Chromebook.
Option 2: Play Fortnite on a school Chromebook with Chrome Remote Desktop app method:
This is the other way to play Fortnite on your Chromebook if the above-mentioned method didn’t work. The reason could be the school Chromebook hardware capacity. Some Chromebooks do not support the Android version of Fortnite. So you can apply this method instead,
In this method, an app links your Chromebook with the other device which is capable of playing Fortnite. You can also link your Chromebook with the device on which you have already installed Fortnite. It requires an app Chrome Remote desktop on your Chromebook and a speedy internet connection.
Here we are discussing in detail how you can play Fortnite on your school Chromebook while using the chrome remote desktop app:
- Initially, install the Chrome Remote Desktop on a laptop or device which supports Fortnite.
- Here are the steps to access it:
- Open the Google Chrome Browser in your other Laptop/Computer
- In the search bar, you enter this address remotedesktop.google.com/access or follow this link.
- To install press the download button under “Set up Remote Access”
- Following the easy on-screen instructions and you will be able to install Chrome Remote Desktop.
Now install the Chrome Remote Desktop on your school Chromebook too. (In this way, you will be able to connect both the devices)
- Open your PC or MAC, go to the Remote Desktop, Find “get help”
- You will see an option to “Generate Code.” Click it.
- Copy this code and send it to your email accessible through the Chromebook
- Download the “Share my screen” from the same link
- Open Remote Desktop on Chromebook
- An authentication screen will pop-up
- Insert your code there
- On your Chromebook, a screen with your e-mail address will appear, here you will click on the “share” button. It will start the screen share.
- Your Chromebook will get remote access to your laptop
- Now you will go to the Epic games store.
- Select Fortnite there.
- Start playing the game on your Chromebook
Note: You can stop the share at any time to end the current session.
Option 3: Play Fortnite on Chromebook using the GeForce Now
Finally, you can play Fortnite on your Chromebook by using GeForce Now. GeForce Now is a cloud-based game streaming service used by Nvidia. Let’s learn how to use it for playing Fortnite,
- Open the GeForce Now website in your browser.
- Sign in or create a new account if you do not have one already.
- Access the Search Bar and look for Preview
- Find Fortnite and Press Play
- Now link your existing Epic Games account
- After this step open up your GeForce account
- You should now be able to play Fornite using your GeForce now account
Note: This method will only work in America and Europe.
Option 4: Play Fortnite on Chromebook with Cloud Gaming
As an Xbox user, you can now use the Xbox Cloud Gaming service to stream Fortnite on your Chromebook. All you need is the Xbox Game Pass. This method is quite similar to using Nvidia GeForce Now but is best for console users.
Here are the steps you will follow to play Fortnite:
- Buy yourself an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
- Subscription cost is as low as 1$ for the first month and then 14.99$/month
- Get in developer mode in your Chromebook
- Go to Google Play Store Download and install the Xbox Game Pass app
- Open the app and search for Fortnite
- Last step is to load and play!
Note: This method is for console users. Please remember that the Game Pass App is still in Beta so be careful while playing Fortnite on it.
There you have it, a complete guide on how to play Fortnite on school Chromebook. Check out the tips & tricks section for more Fortnite tips. You can also watch this video tutorial to get a step-by-step visual.
Wanted to create highlights of your Fortnite gameplay? Try Eklipse for making the best gaming highlights of your Fortnite gameplay. Happy gaming!
Content writer here at Eklipse. An avid reader and cafe hopper who loves coffee, cats and everything about video games.