A great editing software is essential for producing high-quality and professional videos. But sometimes, software that offers advanced features requires you to have deep pockets. Fortunately, free video editing software can be a good solution for you.
If you are looking for the best video editing software for TikTok, check our top picks on this article: 7 Best Video Editing Software for TikTok in 2023.
Although some free software has limited features, you can still find some that are helpful and comprehensive for crafting content for social media. You don’t even need to pay additional cost at all. Let’s take a look at them and find one suited perfectly to what you want to say the loudest.
1. Eklipse: The Best Free Video Editor For PC Without Watermark
Free, simple, and robust features, that’s what Eklipse offers you. Basically, Eklipse is not precisely a free video editor online. It’s an AI-based clip maker that will help you capture the best moment from your streaming videos.
But not stopping there, Eklipse can also turn your highlight clip into stunning videos by giving you a large scope of cool templates and a catchy soundtrack for impressive videos.
Converting clips into TikTok/Reel/Shorts will be so much easier with Eklipse. You’ll only need several clicks and boom! Your clip is ready to publish everywhere! Feel like creating a montage or clip on the go? Try its mobile app version. Grab it from the Google Play Store now!
FREE AUTO Highlights CLIPPER Software
Eklipse.gg is an AI highlight generator and online video editor that clip your streams automatically and converts them to TikTok easily.
- Easy to use
- Friendly interface
- Automatically clips and converts video
- Offers a wide range of TikTok templates
- Allows users to adjust the feed, and clip length, and add music
- Instant sharing
- Cloud-based storage
- Doesn’t require a download to use
- Available for all platforms
- The editing tools are not really complete
2. DaVinci Resolve
Source: Blackmagic Design
Filmmaking process is complex, but it doesn’t have to be. The free and professional quality video editing tools from DaVinci Resolve can do the heavy lifting for you with just a few clicks of your mouse.
DaVinci’s editing and trimming tools make it a great choice for both offline AND online work. Its high-performance playback engine saves time when you need to edit footage faster than ever before. Even if the file format is processor-intensive like H264 or RAW. The free version of this program has all features that are necessary for more advanced projects, so don’t let complexity stop your creativity.
- Produce 4K resolution
- intuitive interface
- Provides complete basic editing tools
- Audio-related issue
- Has no integration with any external software
- The advanced features could be difficult for beginner
3. Lightworks: Another Free Video Editing Software
Lightworks is perfect for beginners who are looking to get started with video editing. It has an intuitive interface that makes it easy and simple, without any complicated processes or modes of operation involved in the learning curve at all.
Lightworks also offers many tutorials online if you want some help along your journey. Making this one our top recommendation when considering which Linux-based program would be best suited to teach yourself how everything works on these types of programs.
- Provides ease of use
- Supports direct exportations to YouTube
- Web-based tool
- Can be accessed through mobile phone
- Require updates for extra tools
- Unable to export to 1080p or above
4. HitFilm Express: Popular Free Video Editing Software
Video editing is a complicated process, but with the help of HitFilm Express, you can make your videos look like they were taken by professionals. Not only that it is free, you don’t even need experience in video production to use this program. All it requires from users are sharing an social media status update when installing/downloading apps onto their device which will grant them access to some exclusive perks for joining such networks as Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Provides numerous VFX tools
- No need to install many other plugins
- 2D and 3D compositing
- No harsh requirements for exporting format
- Watermark for the free version
- Crashing happens occasionally
- Not support .mov files directly
More on Eklipse Blog >> 7 Best AI Video Generator For Text To Video to Try in 2023
Source: Photo Retouching Services
VideoPad is a free video editing program that offers many simple and easy-to-use features such as 3D videos, and sound effects library for those who want to experiment with different styles of music or voiceovers. With VideoPad, you can find all kinds of simple and easy-to-use features. Such as 3D video composition tools or an effects library with sound effects—that will help bring your ideas into reality.
- Easy to use
- Support various format
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Supports 3D video editing
- Produce high-resolution output
- The free version has limited features
- The Windows version has more complete features than the Mac version
Looking for flexible software that allows you to create and edit videos easily? Try OpenShot. This software is mounted with various advanced tools such as special effects, transitions, green-screen effects, and 3D animated title sequences, making your videos even look more professional.
Don’t worry about having trouble trying this tool for the first time. Its simple and easy interface will make the video creation and editing process instant and straightforward. You can even export your edited videos to Xbox 360, DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, and other formats.
However, it’s probably still too technical for those who just started cutting their teeth on the editing field.
- 100% free and open-source software
- Allows export to many devices
- Featured numerous advanced editing tools
- Supports most audio and video formats
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- A bit technical for beginners
- A bit laggy and buggy
For Apple users, you must be familiar with this free video editor for Mac (or other iOS devices). Yes, this is free and requires no download to use since it’s an in-built software.
Despite it being free, iMovie enables you to produce Hollywood-style videos in 4K resolutions with all its features. You can add filters, transitions, themes, as well as trim and rotate the video as you wish. More importantly, it doesn’t leave a watermark on your video.
Unfortunately, iMovie is only available for iOS. So, if you are a Windows or Linux user, it’s best to find another great video editor.
- Offers plenty of essential editing tools
- Supports 4K editing
- Provides 100+ soundtrack
- Enables users to create Hollywood-grade films with ease
- Only available for Apple devices
- Difficult to use the color correction feature
8. KineMaster: Free Video Editing Software for Mobile
Feel like making videos but have no time to sit in front of a computer for a long time? No worries. With KineMaster, you are now able to create or edit videos on the go!
Although it’s made for mobile, KineMaster has a wide scope of robust features. You can add filters, transitions, text, stickers, music, and more. Save your edited videos in various qualities and formats, and share them directly on YouTube or Facebook.
What’s more? It’s free! However, if you want to get rid of the watermark, you should upgrade to the Pro version.
- Intuitive interface
- Easy for beginners
- Supports 4K editing
- Has a stock of music, text font, stickers, and more
- Instant sharing to social media
- Watermark on the free version
What do you think about the list of free video editing software above? We hope it helps you in choosing the best application for your need. If you like our article, be sure that you check our other articles that are related to streaming, games, and other stuff.
Additionally, if you are looking for any software compatible with Chromebook, you can find them through our post about: The Best Editing Software for Chromebook. See you later!
Tech writer, gaming, streaming, gadgets. A decade’s experience. Informative, engaging.
Featured in web publications. Reviews new products. Loves gaming, tinkering.