Do you want to make your gaming stream looks more appealing? Creating an aesthetic and unique overlay will be a great idea. Thankfully, there are numerous options for free overlay maker for Twitch to try. Not only does it allow you to customize your overlay, but it also provides many options for overlay templates.
In this article, we are going to list 6 of the best free gaming overlay makers. Are you ready? Then let’s just get started.
1. Placeit Overlay Maker
Placeit enables you to customize your overlay design for Twitch streams. It offers hundreds of templates that are ready to use for free. Only by heading to Placeit’s official website, you’ll see the template rows that might catch your eye.
Other than the various options of ready-to-use overlays, Placeit offers a friendly interface and ease of use. So, if you are a beginner in streaming, you won’t get lost while trying this tool. Try to design your own overlay without a watermark by paying $7.47 per month. Say goodbye to the watermark and get an unlimited chance to download your designs. Give it a try now!
- Provides hundreds of awesome overlay templates
- Every element is customizable
- Friendly interface and easy to use
- Offers unlimited overlays for an affordable monthly price
- The free version will bring out a watermark
- Limited download for the free version
Don’t have any idea how to start customizing your Twitch overlay? Worry not as you can learn from our comprehensive guide here: How To Create Twitch Overlays Using Three Different Methods.
2. Nerd Or Die: A Must-Try Free Overlay Maker for Twitch
Looking for an advanced tool to level up your Twitch overlays? Then Nerd Or Die will be perfect for you. Although the name says ‘advanced’, this tool is actually pretty friendly for beginners, and also great for experienced streamers.
Just like Placeit, you can find a lot of templates and they are all fully customizable. So, you shouldn’t worry if the offerings won’t match your taste and style because you can make any changes to them. Nerds or Die enables you to explore your ideas for free in just a second.
Currently, this tool is only available within Streamlabs platforms. So, if you don’t use Streamlabs, then you have no access to this amazing tool.
- Features advanced tools to create an overlay in a seconds
- Easy to use
- Offers 15 days trial for free
- Beginner friendly
- Provides hundreds of free stream overlay template
- Only available on the StreamLab platform
- Putting a watermark for the free version
3. Rainmaker: The Free Overlay Maker For Twitch
Rainmaker (previously called Stream Jar) is recently acquired by one of the most popular streaming software, Lightstream. This tool helps you to create some great-looking overlays for your Twitch streams easily.
Though it might not have the best customization option, it’s worth trying though, especially for newcomers. The special thing about Rainmaker is that it’s a cloud-based tool. That means you don’t need to worry it will be taking up your device space since they will save all your files in the cloud system.
Other than that, Rainmaker is also compatible with any streaming platform such as Twitch, YouTube, or more. Above all, this tool is totally free!
- Totally free
- Easy to use, especially for beginners
- Has a cloud-based saving system
- Allows you to custom overlays in no time
- Compatible with any streaming platforms
- The customization option isn’t the best of its class
Adding some custom widgets on your streams such as sounds, chatboxes, and alerts will sound good to level up your performance. It can perfectly complement your great overlay. If you want to make it happens to your streams, then StreamElements can definitely help you.
Aside from allowing you to add custom widgets, StreamElements also has a large library of free Twitch overlays. You can select whichever suits your brand and style, and then customize them as you like.
Additionally, StreamElements is also perfect for those who don’t want to spend any money since it’s 100% free to use. What could be better than a free tool with incredible features on it?
- 100% free to use
- Has a friendly interface
- Has a large library of overlay templates
- Allows users to add custom widgets
- A web-based tool, no manual upload is required
- Does not provide users with an app store
5. OvrStream: Another Great Free Overlay Maker for Twitch
OvrStream is the best tool for those who need free animated Twitch overlay templates. Yes, you can use this tool to create a BRB screen, host alert, webcam frame, and more. Not only does it offer you a bunch of unique templates, but it also lets you customize each of them.
There are several options for animated templates for the free version to try. But in case you want to get full features and templates, you can get the premium version worth $4.99 per month.
However, OvrStream might be a little bit more complicated than some other similar tools on this list. So, if you are a beginner in streaming, you might need more time to get to know the tool.
- Offers great animated overlay templates
- High-quality animations and alerts for your stream
- Allows users to preview their customization before going live with them.
- Works with all the major streaming programs
- Available for Windows only
- A bit complicated for the beginner
- Limited template options for the free version
6. Adobe Express
Adobe Express is a design tool from Adobe that lets you make cool stuff for your stream, like logos, banners, and overlays. Although they only have a few overlay templates right now, the ones they have are pretty sweet and you can easily make them your own.
One of the best things about Adobe Express is that you can get loads of templates for free, including twitch overlay templates – perfect for those of us who are all about saving some cash.
Customizing your overlay is a breeze with Adobe Express. No need to spend hours figuring it out, it’s super easy to pick a template and get started. You’ll have a killer overlay in no time.
- Lots of free templates are available
- Simple customization process
- Good selection of templates on offer
- Limited number of overlay templates are currently available
Choosing the best free overlay makers for Twitch is basically tricky. Each tool on the list above has its own strengths and weaknesses. To be able to determine the best one, it would be fair to see your needs and your goals.
Apart from all that, if you want to create some incredible clips of your streams, you can use Eklipse as one of the best clip-maker tools. Eklipse lets you capture your best streaming moments in no time. Additionally, Eklipse offers you several options of overlay templates you can use for the TikTok post. Wanna know more about this? Stay tuned to our blog and try it out now!
Additionally, if you wish to customize your Twitch profile with a Twitch banner, you can locate your preferred software by reading through our article here: Top 5 Twitch Banner Makers that Will Impress Your Viewers.
So which overlay maker interests you? All of them are worth trying, either for newbies or experienced streamers! Don’t forget to share the article with your friends if you find it helpful!
A gaming writer and Twitch community management expert. My entertaining and informative content provides value to readers looking to improve their streaming setup or stay up-to-date with the latest gaming trends