If you like to enjoy Instagram reels, you may sometimes want to download them for later viewing. Well, while saving Instagram reels is very simple to do, downloading them will require different steps. Therefore, this post will explain how to download Instagram Reels.
To download any Instagram reel from other Instagram users, you’ll need any third-party app or online tool to get it done. Thankfully, a lot of apps are available on the internet. Now let’s see how each method works.
How to Download Instagram Reel on Android
- Install the Video Downloader for Instagram app from Google Play.
- Once it’s installed, launch the app.
- Next up, in the Top Apps section, hit the Instagram icon.
- Then, log in to your account if needed.
- Now, find the reel you’d like to save.
- Tap the Download icon at the bottom right corner.
- Afterward, hit the Download button in the pop-up window.
- You’re all set.
How to Download Instagram Reel on iPhone
In addition to Android, you are also able to download reels on your iPhone. The steps are basically similar. However, you might need a different app to help you out. Here’s how to use it.
- First, install the InstantSave app from the App Store.
- Then, launch the app.
- Tap on the Open Instagram option and log in with your account if needed.
- Next up, find the reel you want to download.
- Hit the three-dots button to open the menu, and hit Copy Link.
- Now that the URL link has been copied, back to the InstantSave app.
- You might need to watch an ad first.
- After the ad finished showing, the reel will be shown up.
- Finally, hit Save to download it to your phone.
How to Download Instagram Reel Online
The easiest step to save other users’ Reels is using the online downloader. It doesn’t require you to download any app at all. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to use Igram as the downloader option. Follow the guide below.
- To begin with, find any Instagram reels you want to download.
- Copy the URL link of the chosen video.
- Then, go to the igram.io website.
- After that, paste the URL link on the box bar and hit Download.
- Wait several seconds until the video pops up.
- Now that the clip appeared, hit the Download.mp4 button.
- Voila! You have successfully saved the IG Reels on your device!
It’s worth noting that you can also Igram from your mobile phone. So, this software really comes in handy.
Downloading Reels Through Screen Recording
If you don’t want to use a secondary app to download Insta reels, you can use a screen recording. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open the screen recording app.
- Open Instagram and select the reel you want to download.
- Now start recording with the screen recorder as you play the video.
- Once done recording, click stop recording on your screen recorder.
- You can now find your saved recording in the photos gallery.
In addition to viewing reels, you may also be interested in understanding the algorithm behind Instagram reels and how it impacts the distribution of reels. We’ve summarized the topic for you here: How to Beat the Instagram Algorithm in 2023.
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.