We got you covered if you want to know how to make clips longer on TikTok sound sync. Well, basically TikTok is a platform that allows its users to create bite-size content. Everyone can showcase their ideas through a 15-60 second video.
However, this duration is somehow too short for any informational videos or even cover song kind of videos. Thankfully, TikTok currently supports 3-minute videos so you can definitely make longer clips there. To be able to do it, you can learn step by step through this article. Here we go!
How Long Are TikTok Videos?
Previously, TikTok only allowed for 15 seconds of video in its short clips, which was a challenging amount of time to fit content into. However, the company increased this limit to 60 seconds and later to three minutes to accommodate the high demand for longer video content.
Despite this, some users still feel that three minutes is not enough, leading to requests for further extension and efforts to make clips longer. In response to this, TikTok hinted at the possibility of a 10-minute video feature in February 2022.
How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok Sound Sync
Changing the duration of your TikTok video is actually simple. You won’t need any additional TikTok editor app since you can change it directly from TikTok. But it’s worth noting that this process should be done before you create a video. Here’s how.
- To begin with, launch TikTok app on your phone and log in to your account.
- After that, tap on the plus ‘+’ button at the bottom side of your screen.
- Then, select the video duration option above the recording button to be 3m.
- Tap on the record button to record a new TikTok video.
- Tap on the same button to end the recording process.
- Next up, hit the Sounds option at the bottom-left side.
- Choose a longer sound than your recorded video.
- Finally, crop any song parts that are unneeded and hit the tick icon.
How to Adjust the Length of Uploaded Clips on TikTok
Are you wondering if you can adjust the length of any existing clip from your phone gallery to post on TikTok? No worries, you can definitely do it by following the steps below.
- Start off with launching the TikTok app on your device.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Then, hit the plus ‘+’ button at the bottom side of the screen.
- Instead of hitting the record button, tap on the Upload icon.
- Next up, pick any video from your gallery you’d like to post on TikTok.
- Adjust the length of your video to be 3 minutes by moving the slider.
- Once you’re happy with the result, tap on the Save button.
- Lastly, your video is now ready to post.
How to Fix If You Can’t Adjust Video Length on TikTok
There may be challenges when attempting to increase the length of your TikTok clips, but there is a simple solution. If the clip length adjustment tool is not working, it could be due to the app not having access to the clips stored in your device’s internal memory. In this case, transferring the clips to another device or the cloud can resolve the issue.
Another possible cause of the problem is a shortage of storage on your phone, in which case, freeing up space by deleting unnecessary files or photos can help resolve the issue and allow for easy adjustment of the clip length on TikTok.
Now that you know how to make clips longer on TikTok with sound, why don’t you start to prolong your video? By doing this, you’ll have a chance to add more information and incredible scenes to your TikTok clip. Hopefully, this tutorial is useful to help you gain more viewers and followers. Anyway, you can learn how to shorter your video as well through our previous article. Just check it out!
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.