TikTok has given hundreds of interesting content to its users. But it seems incomplete if you participate on TikTok without creating content too. Well, if you are interested in dipping your toe into this platform, you’ll need to learn how to record a TikTok video first.
Basically, recording a TikTok video is quite simple to do. But making incredible and aesthetic content will require more skill and creativity. But for beginners, it would be better to learn about recording TikTok videos as the basics before you start exploring it. Here we go.
How to Record a TikTok: Setting Up The Video Length
TikTok allows you to record a video from 15 seconds to 60 seconds. So, before recording a new video, make sure you have set the duration. To do it, just follow the steps below.
- First, open the TikTok app on your device and log in with your account.
- Then, hit the ‘+’ button on the middle bottom side.
- Once the camera is open, it will automatically be set to a 15-second video.
- To choose another option, just swipe left and it will turn into a 30 or 60-second video.
- After that, you can start recording.
How to Record a TikTok Hands-Free
Additionally, you shouldn’t always grab your phone while recording. You can record a new video using a timer. Thankfully, TikTok offers you the hands-free feature. Let’s see how to use it.
- Open up the TikTok app, log in, and tap the ‘+’ button at the bottom screen.
- After that, press the Timer button on the right corner of the screen.
- Then, set the timer, either a 3- or 10-second.
- Whenever you’re ready to record, tap on the Start Countdown button.
- Voila! Now you can record a new video without having to hold your phone.
How to Changing Speed on TikTok Video
Sometimes you need to speed up and slow down your TikTok video to make them look more appealing. No worries, it’s very possible to do. You can do it just in a few seconds. Here are the steps.
- Head to the TikTok app and log in with your account.
- After that, tap on the ‘+’ button.
- Then, find the Speed button on the right side of the screen.
- Select any speed options to use on your video.
- Now, you can produce a slow-motion or speed-up video.
How to Add Effects To TikTok Video
Do you want to make aesthetic and nice TikTok videos that can attract many viewers? Try to put on an appealing effect or filter. TikTok offers many options of that. Here’s how to add the TikTok effect and filter.
- To begin with, open the TikTok app and go into your account.
- Tap on the ‘+’ button to open the camera.
- Then, see the right side of your screen and tap on the Filter button. As for the effect, tap on the Effects button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down and find whichever Filters or effects you would like to use.
- Next up, adjust the intensity of the filter.
- After that, tap the screen to exit the Filters or the Effects gallery. At this point, the filters or the effect should have been applied.
- Lastly, record your video.
Additionally, TikTok provides its users with a lot of filters and effect options. It includes the greenscreen effect, slideshow, TikTok stickers and more! You can learn how to try them through our previous article on our blog.
How to Record a TikTok with Music
A good TikTok won’t be complete without music. Fortunately, TikTok lets you add cool background music easily. No need for additional tools at all. Just follow the tutorial below.
- Open up the TikTok app and log in with your account.
- Hit the ‘+’ button to open the TikTok camera.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see an Add Sound button. Hit it up.
- Then, search for a specific song from the TikTok playlist or type the title in the search bar.
- Press the song to hear it start playing before adding it to your video.
- If you’re sure about the song, just press the red checkmark on the right of the song
- Finally, the song will be added to your video and you can start recording.
Other than a music background, you can also add a voiceover to your TikTok video. You can learn how to do it through our article here.
So, that’s all about how to record a TikTok video. Now that you have known the basics, you can start to explore your creativity using any features provided by TikTok. Create your masterpiece and let the world know about it. Happy TikToking!
Boost Your Streaming Presence in Social Media with AI Highlights
Eklipse help streamer improve their social media presence with AI highlights that clip your Twitch / Kick streams automatically & converts them to TikTok / Reels / Shorts
Almira spends most of her time reading, writing, and playing games with her cats. She enjoys playing console games like GTA and Resident Evil. But among all those popular games, it’s always Cooking Mama that captures her heart.