Having knowledge about how to record Minecraft gameplay is necessary if you want to capture your best gaming scenes and show them to your friends. Thankfully, there are many screen recorders available to help you do it. You can just pick which one suits your needs.
But on top of that, it’s more important to learn how to operate those tools properly. No worries, this article will show you how to record Minecraft with OBS, or other tools. Moreover, we will also explain how to capture your gameplay screen on Xbox, Switch, or PlayStation. So, here we go.
How to Record Minecraft Gameplay on PC
Are you looking for a way to capture your Minecraft gameplay on your PC? We got you. You can get it done using various recording software. But we strongly recommend using OBS Studio to let you stream and record your screen simultaneously, or Bandicam if you want a simpler tool. Let’s learn how to operate each of them.
How to Record Minecraft on Windows 10 /11 with OBS Studio
OBS Studio is one of the most well-known screen recorders among streamers. Additionally, OBS does not just allow you to record your screen but lets you do a live stream. That’s fantastic, right? Though it’s considered an advanced tool, it’s still fairly easy for beginners. Here’s how to use it.
- First, download and install OBS Studio on your device. Once it is successfully installed.
- Once you’ve launched the app, hit the small ‘+’ button on the bottom-left side of Sources box. Alternatively, right-click anywhere and select Add.
- Then, there will be several options for your recording. Select the Game Capture option. Leave it named Game Capture and click OK.
- After that, select Capture any full-screen application for the capture mode, then hit OK. The Game Capture now appears in the Sources list.
- Next, open Minecraft on Full Screen. If OBS recognized the game, it is supposed to appear in the window.
- Other than that, OBS still has another gaming capture option. If you want to try the second mode, select Game Capture from the Sources list and hit the gear icon.
- Next, change the mode to be Capture specific window, select the specific game from the list, and then click OK.
- Finally, OBS has been recording your gameplay now.
How to Capture Minecraft Gameplay Using Bandicam
Another alternative for capturing your Minecraft gameplay is by using Bandicam. In comparison with OBS Studio, Bandicam may be much easier for beginners. It has no complicated steps to record the screen, but it still provides high-quality recordings. To record the Minecraft gameplay, please follow the guide below.
- Start over by downloading and installing Bandicam on your device.
- Once it has been installed, launch the app immediately.
- Then, select the Game Recording mode (the joystick icon) to get a high-quality image.
- After that, open and start the Minecraft game to record.
- Next, you’ll see the green number on the gameplay screen. It’s basically showing you the FPS. It will only appear if the game runs DirectX or OpenGL technology.
- If you want to control the FPS, head to the FPS tab. Additionally, during the recording, the FPS will turn red.
- However, if you don’t see the green number, you can go to the Target button, and select the Screen Recording mode.
- To start recording, press the F12 function key or the Record button. Hit the same button if you finished recording.
- Finally, find your video in Home and click the Video button. You can edit, play, or even upload the videos.
How to Record Minecraft Java Edition in Other Platforms
Alternatively, you can actually capture the gameplay from PlayStation 4 or 5, Xbox, and even Nintendo Switch. Recording the screen on PS4 or PS5 is quite easy to do. You can either do it directly from the console or use a capture card. You won’t need a capture card if the game lets you use the built-in share features on the console.
Apart from that, Xbox also allows you to record the gameplay from the Xbox console. It’s unlike PlayStation which actually needs to use a capture card in a certain condition, you don’t need additional hardware or software to capture using Xbox. You can just directly do it from the joystick. So does Nintendo Switch.
As long as you have connected your game console to your PC, you can record or capture any of your gaming screens. Recording gameplay with Switch is quite less complicated. If you want to know how to record a screen using these three game consoles, visit our blog for the specific article. Just go here and find what you need!
Now that you have known how to record Minecraft gameplay on PC or other platforms, you can then share to your social media and get a lot of viewers. Additionally, if you want to clip the best scenes from your recorded video, you can use Eklipse as the best A.I-driven tool. No need for extra effort or skill to get the best highlight to show off, because of our powerful A.I will do it automatically!
Stay tuned to our blog to get more details and tutorials about Eklipse! Don’t forget to take your first step by clicking the following button.
Almira spends most of her time writing and reading some interesting books. She also loves games and cats.